Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m hoping to get help with this weird issue that is happening to my rear mirrors from fellow Nitro owners
I had to replace both of my mirrors because of damage on one and can’t remember on the other. So I replaced both with Aftermarket OEM replicas and everything was fine until u get to highway speeds, one will freak out (to the point that if u get easily sick from quick movements, u will get sick) when going one way but not the other and visa versa. So I got them replaced under warranty and same issue happens so I’m wondering if this is a issue with just the OEM replica mirrors or is a issue on the OEM Dodge Mirrors as well. Need to know before spending money on OEM dodge parts
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got aftermarket mirrors for my last vehicle, a 1998 Town & Country, and they both sucked. They shook like hell when driving. I ended up cutting some pieces of black rubber fuel line and putting it on the edges of the mirror glass to stop the shaking.

If I had to replace the ones on my Nitro, I would either try to find some decent ones at the junk yard, or buy Mopar ones. I did actually look at some Nitro mirrors the last time I was at the junk yard, and they all looked pretty good. All the junk yard mirrors, for my old van, looked terrible. They had a finish that wore off from the factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts