Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just got a nitro that has several issues so far i fixed most of them. So the switch has power to it because it lights up when the car is on but it does nothing else. I have checked the fuse(s) the switch on the passenger side works fine. I have tried wiggling all the wires while pushing buttons. I have replaced the switch with a new one. I even tried wiggling the wires in the boot between the door and frame. Any advice would be helpful.

So back story. I bought this Nitro used passenger windows were held up by 2x4's wires were clipped in one door so the locks would not work. I re soldered and taped those wires and the door locks are working fine. Both window modules are shot in the rear so they are unplugged. The horn kept honking randomly I had no cruise control, I could not use the horn on command. so after replacing the clocksping, horn switch, and wiper control all lights are off and the car is working as normal Except the above issues.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,459 Posts
Drivers side front or rear?
That is a bunch of cut wires in the Pic.

Reactions: mreidiv

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drivers side front or rear?
That is a bunch of cut wires in the Pic.
Its a 2007 Nitro 3.7 SLT and the issue im having is with the drivers side front (Drivers) window stitch the passenger window switch works fine.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
According to the diagrams I have, power for the switches is different then the power for the switch lights.
It is possible the switch is fried internally. But hard to say for sure.
Are all the cut wires reconnected?
If you replace the switch you need to get the same one. Not all switches are created =. Each one is designed to be used with the options installed in the rig. Such as 1 touch up, 1side, or 2 sides, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any way you can send me the wiring diagram? Does it have the voltages supplied to the circuit also? I need to get the window down so i can remove the panel to change the wiring harness in that door. As far as the wires that were cut it was in a different door in the rear and the only wires i reconnected was the speaker wires and the door lock i caped the rest of them off because the window are held up by 2x4's.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,459 Posts
The diagrams I have are not just files. They are part of a CD I purchased from Dodge which is rendered in web page format.
Most times the voltage is not listed in the diagram. Sometimes it is in the connector pin-out, but not always there either. Typically it will be 12V or 5-9V for data lines. In data lines the voltage won't tell you much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts