Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have read the posted possible solutions on the forum. I tried the car battery and open window alarm trigger etc. Sadly did not work. I managed to source a new door lock. The local garage have said the driver seat needs to come out so they can remove the door panel for access.
If this is done will they be able to remove the old lock and open the door? From looking at the other door I can see the lock mechanism is screwed in.

Any guidance would be much appreciated...

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Nitro1133. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

They will not be able to remove the latch without the door open.
But from the inside they may be able to get the latch to release. No guarantees tho.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response and that’s good to know. So worst case scenario the door would have to be welded off/metal cut and a new door and lock purchased.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,997 Posts
Thanks for your response and that’s good to know. So worst case scenario the door would have to be welded off/metal cut and a new door and lock purchased.
Maybe cut the latch striker(catch) in/thru the shut, but they may be able to pop the latch apart from the inside.
See post 42-3 here.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Scar0. I have had the car in a local garage. How do you remove window regulator inner panel drivers door? They are concerned they will break the glass on electric window.
Hoping when this is removed will be able to get the door open.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
can you here the electric locking mechanism trying to unlock the door ?
if you can you may be able to get the door open,

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
no not the battery disconnect,
but if you can hear the door trying to unlock then the chances are the locking mechansm is stuck, banging on the door panels whilst trying to unlock the door with the keyfob or drivers control panel may just be enough to jolt the door into unlocking,
or tapping on the TIPM (fuse box) whilst pressing the keyfob

to disconnect the window from the carrier panel: first wind the window ALL the way down, in the lower middle of the carrier panel there is a round black hole cover, it's just a round piece of sticky tape, remove this and you will see the white latch you need to push to release the window from the carrier, the trick is push down on the window glass slightly, push in the white release latch then pull the glass all the way up, have some tape ready to hold the glass in the closed position .

you really need to exhaust the unlocking options mentioned, opening the door is not an easy task, because of the double locking security feature your Nitro most likely has.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts