Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I’ve dealt with it for a year mainly because I haven’t had a ton of time to check out things but since I do....

I bought my 07 SLT Nitro almost a year ago and the divers side window didn’t roll down. In fact the only buttons that work are the rear windows as I can’t unlock the doors roll either front window down or adjust mirrors. Mirrors were good thankfully. The passenger side front door everything works as it should except I’ve discovered it’s an auto down window also. That means both front windows are auto down and someone replaced them with the wrong switches I believe.

My question really is there a simple way to check that the only issue is they ordered the wrong drivers side switches therefore the wiring on the plug causes it not to work. My concern being they changed them so it could be a different issue even with the correct switches.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,115 Posts
If they are the wrong switches the plugs will not fit. Hope they did not cut and splice to make them work!
I have used Benny our forum vendor for several things. Send him a PM and see if he can tell you what part# should be in there.
Click here.
He will need your VIN in the message.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the research I’ve done the plugs themselves on the 07 are the same but the pins used are different. The wrong one would plug up but the issue I’m having is the end result. I’m just concerned they were replaced with the cheapest switch because they had a problem and even the right one won’t work.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,115 Posts
There are 3 switches per side available in 07. Each one has different wires. Two of the driver side are 10 gang switches and one is an 11 gang. All 3 for the passenger side are 3 gang.
I personally have not compared the 3 side by side to see if the plugs are the same.
Others here on the forum have tried in the past to upgrade to the express up switch and said the plugs would not fit. Thus my comment above.
Even if they did, the programming and other modules are not their to support it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts