Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed dual batteries in their dodge? Wanting to run a fridge and light bar from it. If so a few questions:
- could you fit it under the hood or did you need to put it in the cargo area?
- What type/make/accessories you used?
- Difficulty of the installation?
- Price?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Several members have installed 2 batteries. Most in the cargo area.
You could fit one under the hood if you replace the air box with a short cold(actually a warn) air intake.

·
Registered
576 Posts
As Scar pointed out, I've seen it done by members on here. My opinion would be to mount it inside the cargo area. I ran two batteries in my '93 Jeep Wrangler and just mounted the second battery in the back seat floorboard since I never had more than two people on board. I ran my off-road lights, CB and air-compressor off of it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Several members have installed 2 batteries. Most in the cargo area.
You could fit one under the hood if you replace the air box with a short cold(actually a warn) air intake.
Cheers Scar. Is there a specific brand or model I should look out for? Don't know too much when it comes to air boxes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If.you remove airbox for shnorkel and CAI there is a.space.for another Batt
But
Alternators on a dodge is a weakspot
So less wires less load
And maybe check for 120.140amp alternator

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Cheers Scar. Is there a specific brand or model I should look out for? Don't know too much when it comes to air boxes.
There are several inexpensive CIA out there. Pretty much any one that will fit on the Nitro will work, as long as it does not route into the current airbox location. Which would defeat what you are trying to accomplish.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
here is a link to a split charge relay, i use one of these in my motorhome, you connect the relay between your vehicle battery and your second battery, once your vehicle battery is charged by your engine, it simply switches over and charges the second battery.

there should be plenty split charge relays on ebay USA, just don't by a cheap or fake one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durite-S...605161&hash=item3cfa161e10:g:iFoAAOSweW5VW0bd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts