Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm looking into purchasing some Dual CCFL Halo Projector Headlights and Halo Projector Fog Lights, and I've got a couple questions to ask of you lovely people who have installed them!

What type of bulbs do you suggest for the brightest and clearest views? My current headlights seem to not even be on from my point of view when it's raining or snowing (Big no-no here in Ohio weather 馃槄 )

What all is needed to install them? And best way to go about it? I am aware they are not necessarily just plug and play.

Any cool modifications I can apply to them to make them a bit more unique?

Pictures with descriptions would be greatly appreciated!!

Khaki Nitro Nut
Since this post I have replaced these with new.
The new ones out of the box have great light both high and low. I used silverstar in the low beams on the old ones. The highs are/were great out of the box on both.
New ones.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Since this post I have replaced these with new.
The new ones out of the box have great light both high and low. I used silverstar in the low beams on the old ones. The highs are/were great out of the box on both.
New ones.
I saw the switch that you installed for the Halo's, how did you lead the wire around to your dash and what switch did you use?

Also, since you seem to be a master of Mods, you know the panel of switches down where your Traction Control Switch is? Did you install anything else to that area?

Khaki Nitro Nut
Nothing can go in the center dash switch area. Those are not switch banks, they are a computer board attached to and behind the switches.

For the halo light I just used a lighted toggle switch. Any auto parts store sells them.
The B+ for the halo's has an in-line fuse from the B+ at the TIPM. The wire runs thru the grommet that has the main wire harness in it(outside/next to the wire bundle). I ran it thru taped to a sharpened metal coat hanger. By doing it that way no sealant is needed because the rubber from the grommet closes around the wire. The trick is once the wire is in, pull 1-2" more thru, then pull it back toward the engine. The rubber will pull out(pucker) a little and that will stop any water ingress.
Because I have a manual trany I could not use the grommet the auto trany owners have where my clutch goes thru the fire wall.
Be careful when pulling the wire thru the grommet! The fire wall is 2 layers thick so the grommet has two sealing surfaces. If it pulls in, or pulls out, it is a royal pain to get back in place. Don't ask me how I know... 馃槻 馃樀:mad:

Khaki Nitro Nut
Dash pops right off around the cluster..... mine are on the right
I had to file out the back behind the cluster trim to get my other switch to fit there. Little to close to the edge.
LOL

Registered
Yea it鈥檚 def tight. The switch can go where it will fit, you don鈥檛 have much choice lol besides in the little cubby hole on left( I think u or some other members have utilized it, that鈥檚 the only other decent option. Honestly I prefer them there!)

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I decided to just tie them in with my running lights, I like driving with them on at most times!

I also put in 6000K LED lights and I love them!

Here's some pics me and my friend took last night!

Khaki Nitro Nut
Yea it鈥檚 def tight. The switch can go where it will fit, you don鈥檛 have much choice lol besides in the little cubby hole on left( I think u or some other members have utilized it, that鈥檚 the only other decent option. Honestly I prefer them there!)
Rack lights. Outside and center.

I decided to just tie them in with my running lights, I like driving with them on at most times!

I also put in 6000K LED lights and I love them!

Here's some pics me and my friend took last night! View attachment 38806 View attachment 38808
I think the halo Fogs are very cool!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts