Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an SLT with the 6 disc/dvd changer. Anyone have any advice on a reasonably priced aftermarket dvd player? I know nothing about them. My kid however, wants one bad!

Anyone have an aftermarket overhead dvd player installed?

·
Registered
659 Posts
You mean a screen for the DVD player? If you have the DVD player headunit I think you just need to figure out how to get the video and audio outs from your current headunit. Overhead flipdown rear screens can be found for a couple hundred bucks on ebay.

-Lil'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I will look them up on Ebay. I am also gonna go visit a local audio shop. Gonna need them to install it b/c I have no clue. Do you know anything about Best Buy's install department? Are they way overpriced?

·
Registered
116 Posts
well i will in a few minutes. im new to this and dont know how to post pics yet. the only bad thing is that the stock radio is 1.5 DIN and the tvs are all usually double din. therefore, METRA makes a part that is the same factory material and makes it look SUPER CLEAN. i have already ordered these pieces for around 20$. about the pioneer, i did see that and yes you can wait if you would like. i think that if i see it and it is all that it says it is i might just trade mine in for that. but until then i love the kenwood 6019.

·
Registered
172 Posts
In that thread, he said that the nitro specs said to use pins 5 and 6. Then went on to say that it really should be 6 and 7. He was working on a Jeep wrangler, so I wonder if the pins are different for the wrangler, or that he meant the pin outs for the spec on the nitro are wrong.

Great find though. Thanks for posting the link!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.