Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ESP/ABS/Traction Control lights have been going on and off as I've been driving. From what I've read, checking the wheel speed sensors and wiring/connections is a good start and I hope to try that tomorrow. These lights are staying on continuously as it sits in the driveway without any bumps or vibration. I checked the codes with a JEM AUTO J1000 OBD2 CAN-BUS code reader ( a hand-me-down from my son in law when he upgraded) and all I get is " E9 Transmission Data 00 Module ID " with no specific fault codes. Does this tend to support a faulty wheel sensor hypothesis?

I recently cleaned my throttle body, but the above issue was on-going before that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm guessing a code reader with ABS feature would be needed to get more info and maybe even which wheel is the problem?

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,299 Posts
A scan tool would be great to have, not sure if you know some one or if your son in law would have one. But most scan tools can show wheel speed sensor graphs, and would help pin point which one is giving you trouble…if their is not something else going on electronically :\

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked ohms on front speed sensors yesterday (1.6 Mohm). Subject dashboard lights went off when leaving my driveway today to go have the Son-in-law scan for codes with his fancier scanner and the lights did not return, even on the return trip. His scanner pulled codes for three of the four wheels as well as a low battery occurence (that happened weeks ago). He thought 3 sensor codes belied a more central issue than the sensors themselves, maybe module or fuses. I pulled and reinstalled the fuses just for the hell of it. I guess I won't bother checking the rear sensors now that things are functioning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts