Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my electric blue SLT 4x4 with 28G package today. I'm a little disappointed. The 3.7L engine is sluggish. My 2007 Liberty Limited w/ the same engine has more pepp. That means the Nitro is heavier than the Liberty. The front seat is uncomfortable on the seat bolster. I wish I could lower the bolster some more. The ride on the Nitro is a little better than the Liberty but not as good as the Commander it just replaced.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I have an 05 Dak & the Nitro to my mind the seat in the Nitro is more comfortable then the Dak & the 3.7L is adaquate for most things the Nitro is expected to do. If you wanted morw pep should have waited for the 4.0L. But that sure is a nice looking slow ride. You are going to look good cruising.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
DCXGUY..That is a sweet looking ride. I really like the blue. You will soon change your mind and begin to enjoy the ride and the looks from folks as you go thru town. I have a SLT 2x4 so I really can't say anything about a 4x4 ride but mine rides great..

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your positive comments. I work for Chrysler and it was time to replace my company car w/c was an '06 4.7L V-8 Commander. I chose the Nitro because it was cheaper. After reading all the positive comments on the many Nitro forums on the web, I was really excited to get it. I guess my expectations were set too high. It has positives though. Don't get me wrong. I like the interior space compared to the Liberty. The dashboard and controls are much better than the Liberty. It's also much quieter. And like one of you said, I'll probably like it over time. My daughter drove the car and she thinks the engine is not as peppy as the Liberty's. Happy New Year to all of you. I hope Chrysler does better this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.