Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Within the last several weeks I've been having an issue with both the cruise control and windshield wipers. With the cruise control I will enter the highway and it won't turn on. I found out that if I pull over and turn the ignition off and then on again it work's fine. This has been happening with more frequency over the last several weeks. Also the wipers continue to wipe after turning them off until I turn them on and off quickly and then it stops.
Is the computer the problem?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
cruise control will stop working if the are ANY type of fault code set,
wipers: i had the same issue seemed to be worse in the winter, i removed the wiper motor, opened it up and gave the electric tracks a clean and some fresh grease ( i did find some of the copper tracks had a bad reaction with the grease) been fine since (touch wood), although i don't drive the nitro very often,
But, theres always a but, it's possible the clockspring is the issue, also someone once found an issue with the small connecting cables between the multifunction switches and the clockspring,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
cruise control will stop working if the are ANY type of fault code set,

I don't have a check engine light. It was intermittent before yesterday. It used to not turn on after starting the truck half the time. I would turn the truck off and start the thing again and it would work. Now, it's turning itself off while using it after time down the road. Could the Throttle Body be the issue?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
could be a faulty brake switch ?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
never thought of that

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I replaced the CC stalk yesterday and it works fine now. but the keyfob?? not so much.. Will start looking for a thread on that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts