Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Electrical Problem With My Dodge Nitro 2007

16K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  granzotto.usa 
Welcome to the Nitro Z family yo1andy. Have you tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. I'd start there first . Aslo check your fuses too.

Reactions: yo1andy
Does your electric door locks work ? Usually if the TIPM is going it's because the modular for the locks fry and causes other electrical problems.

Also check your grounding points, there's also a ground under the drivers side kick panel.

May I ask did the new ECM you put in work properly when you put it in originally ?

It may be time for a dealer to do a complete diagnoses with their Star Scan equipment. Some things are Dealer only with our Nitro's.

Glad to be here for you and please let everyone know what the dealer finds and also how it all started too .o_O

Reactions: Scar0
When I had to move my TIPM out of the way to install my stuts I found that the tech that did my wiper recall never wire tided any of the harnesses back and all the wires were just puched under the TIPM . The edge Nitrogen is speaking of had insulation tape on it , but I even built that up with gorilla tape just to make sure wires don't rub through.

Reactions: Scar0
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.