Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Electrical Problem With My Dodge Nitro 2007

16K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  granzotto.usa 
#1 ·
Hi, im new to the forum and i have some problem with my Dodge Nitro 2007 very good car atleast for me had it since 2007 never had a problen till now. If anybody can help it will be great. My problem is as follows the car goes crazy turns almost every signal on, the RPM's goes crazy up and down it selects all the gears Parking drive reverse etc.and it stalls eveytime i turn it on basically it has a big electrical problem. I already changed the computer and it still has the same problem leaving me to think is the tipm which i see that alot of people has problem with does anybody have a clue to what this problem is thanks anything helps.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the Nitro Z family yo1andy. Have you tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. I'd start there first . Aslo check your fuses too.
Thanks I dont think restarting will be the problem since like i said i changed the computer and placed a new one programed. And the fuses havent checked that part but on my search i see that the tipm could be the problem since it controls almost all electrical am thinking on changing but would like first opinions or someone that has experience with this problem before i waste more noney and buying a part that is not gonna fix the problem.

Discussion starter · #6 ·
Thats the only thing that im with a doubt since everyone that has issues with the tipm the problems happens to be the alarm door locks headlights and i have no problem with that just my signals on the board go off all of them rpms go crazy sometimes i can go over 40 it wont change gear it practically goes crazy

Discussion starter · #10 ·
It may be time for a dealer to do a complete diagnoses with their Star Scan equipment. Some things are Dealer only with our Nitro's.
You know what i wasnt gonna go but now that i have a doubt that it may not be the TIPM i think its better to go to the dealer and see what could be the problem like that i wont waste more money and keep guessing thanks for the help when i know what the issue is i will keep this post inform.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the forum yo1andy.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

TIPM or ground would be my guess as well.
But, do you get a "No Bus" message in the cluster when this happens?
Thanks Scar0 no i dont get a "No Bus" messasge just all the signals light up oil, abs, check engine, battery all type of signals rpms go crazy and usually all this happens after the car warms up i could try and change the TIPM do to most of the problems I see through my search is the TIPM worst case its not the TIPM i can return it and then I guess ill end up at the dealer.

Discussion starter · #18 ·
Wooow yeap thats what mostly everyone has problem with when it come to the TIPM but i dont have nothing with the alarm or the windshield wipers. My problems consist of all the alarms in the dash board and i would say the gears everything goes crazy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.