Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently ran into a problem with the engine skipping when it gets warm. I originally did a heater core flush and it drove for a while before it started skipping. I have changed plugs and coils but it's still skipping. Its giving a code for closed loop, using o2 sensor for fuel mix. Any ideas on what I can do to fix the skipping? Also I have done a radiator flush changed thermostat and changed coolant sensor.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,205 Posts
What is the code #?
Did any coolant or liquid get on the wires anywhere while you were doing the service work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have a code number and water did get on the coils on 5 and 6 when I flushed the heater.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,205 Posts
Make sure all coolant if any has been removed from the coils, wires, and plugs.
Closed loop fueling means the Nitro is up to operating temp and is no longer running rich like it does when first started. (Open loop)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I will look at that should I also try drying the 2 plug connections that got wet when I did the heater core flush

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,205 Posts
Yup, Anything that got wet.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,205 Posts
It's possible you have an O2 sensor on the way out. Just not bad enough for it to pop a code yet.
What engine? If 3.7 when were the spark plugs changed? What plugs are you using?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I dried the plugs and tried pulling the codes again its showing p2317 and p2311. If I'm reading this right it's the 2 coils closest to the firewall on the passenger side I changed those yesterday

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,205 Posts
3.7 or 4.0?
Both codes indicate the secondary ignition burn time is incorrect, to short, or not present.
2311 is # 4 cylinder.
2317 is # 6 cylinder.
Possible causes:
ASD relay output circuit.
Coil control *4/6 circuit open.
Coil control *4/6 circuit shorted to ground.
Coil on plug.
Powertrain control module (PCM).
*4/6 is the cylinder you are working on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts