Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 nitro 3.7 liter SLT. MY trouble started 3 days ago. was going to town when i started the truck and turn the AC on i could hear the engine die but the dashboard lights and radio stayed on. i restarted truck and turned AC on and same thing the RPMs dropped and the engine dies. Any help is appreciated.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,604 Posts
The IAC , or Idle Air Control, is supposed to bring the idle speed up a little when there is a load at idle, so the engine does not die. Your IAC module is probably bad or going bad. You also may have an AC compressor, clutch or bearing failing.

Reactions: dgellsworth

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum pazdaddy.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Does it only happen when you hit the A/C switch, or does it happen when you turn the blower fan on?
An IAC motor, as known in the past as a separate part attached to the throttle body, is not used on the Nitro. The IAC is now integrated into the throttle body and is not serviceable separately.
However, if your throttle body is dirty and the butterfly valve is sticking, this could cause your issue. As well as a bad TB motor and/or internal gears.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,604 Posts
Aha! Thanks for the clarification, Scar. I wasn't sure if the IAC was seperate or integrated. Good to know!:)

But, yes, a carboned up TB will do some strange things. About every5 years, I remove the TB, and give it a good cleaning. Just as a PM thing...;)

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,638 Posts
The older 3.7, 06-, did have a replaceable IAC motor.
Now us poor saps with the newer 3.7 are stuck replacing the throttle body.
But it also allows us to upgrade to a 4.7 TB for more power. :D

I also clean my TB about 1ce every 2-3 years(15-20K miles). I found that it tends to get pretty dirty in that time.

Reactions: Metaldog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum pazdaddy.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Does it only happen when you hit the A/C switch, or does it happen when you turn the blower fan on?
An IAC motor, as known in the past as a separate part attached to the throttle body, is not used on the Nitro. The IAC is now integrated into the throttle body and is not serviceable separately.
However, if your throttle body is dirty and the butterfly valve is sticking, this could cause your issue. As well as a bad TB motor and/or internal gears.
it does it When i turn the blower fan on also the air that comes out isn't cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts