Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning and the Electronic Stability Program/Brake Assist System Warning light illuminated. Owners Manual says if the light remains after several ignition cycles to see an authorized dealer. Can I take it to any mechanic or does it have to be a dealership? Don't have much trust/confidence in the Dodge dealer near me.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
normally these warning lights coming on together are linked to a ABS sensor (Wheel Speed Sensor) gone bad, also if your cruise control stops working this is normal (some kind of safty feature),
No you don't need to go to a dealer, all garages these days have the scan tools needed to diagnose your issue,
finger crossed its an easy fix,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
normally these warning lights coming on together are linked to a ABS sensor (Wheel Speed Sensor) gone bad, also if your cruise control stops working this is normal (some kind of safty feature),
No you don't need to go to a dealer, all garages these days have the scan tools needed to diagnose your issue,
finger crossed its an easy fix,
Thank you. It has not illuminated since I restarted after work on Wednesday. Still taking it to a mechanic today and have them scan for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts