Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking to see if any one else has had the light come on and stay on? I took it right to the deal today , they worked on it for an houir, and said their was mod that went bad, the bad news the part is on back order.they are going to steal from peter to pay paul, in the am. when this light came on it also lagged power. will post when its fixed

·
Registered
8 Posts
We were driving around today and stopped at the mall, when we came back out to go home the esp/bas light stayed on. When I pulled over and shut the engine off it went off. While driving home just going down the highway the whole dash light cluster came on, flashed and went back out. Any ideas?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, thats what happen here except the light came on and stayed on, took it to the dealer, and they had to replaced the SAS Sensor (clkspring 8015001). After having this done, I had spoke to my salesperson, and he said that the clkspring has been a problem with Dodge for awhile. Take it to the dealer, if the light isn't satying on, tell them to replace it anyways. My dealer said that I shouldn't drive the truck until it was fixed, they took one off a new truck on the lot because the part was back ordered. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
This is true I know for a fact this is like the third year in a row the clocksprings in the steering wheels of both Daks & rangos have been causing problems. With basically the same set up in the NITRO it's going to happen now & again. I'm sure most all dealers are aware of this by now. Glad you were able to get it fixed quick.:pepper:

·
Registered
257 Posts
When I brought my Nitro in a few weeks ago telling them about the light (and other things), all I got was... We have to order it, will call ya when it comes in. I wasnt told if it was in back-order or if it will be at the service department tomorrow. Well here it is weeks later, and I am going to go back to the shop for the THIRD time. Hopefully this time I WILL get something done! :mad:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I brought my Nitro in a few weeks ago telling them about the light (and other things), all I got was... We have to order it, will call ya when it comes in. I wasnt told if it was in back-order or if it will be at the service department tomorrow. Well here it is weeks later, and I am going to go back to the shop for the THIRD time. Hopefully this time I WILL get something done! :mad:
Give them hell. no need for that. Sounds like you need a dealer that care after the sale. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DK, almost seems like they just don't care about you after the sale, The dealership I bought mine from, goes the extra mile for you, they listen, and they'll try to fix your problem or at least look into a manuf, problem. Plus it helps me with my sales person living across the street.LOL

Ford cries they are loosing a mustang aday $$$ wise, that because they are building crappie cheep cars and charging a mint for them. at least dodge is tring to build an in expensive good quilty cars.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Well I trucked my bum into their service department and waited for them to get off the phone. The first guy asked what he could do for me and I told him I am in to see if my part was in, and was told I had to wait for the other guy. Well he gets off and I tell him I am there to see if my clkspring was in. I get the look like how does she know what one is... (from this forum TYVM!) Well it was in, did I get a phone call like I was told?? NO insert fav naughty words here! I again ask when the transmission guy will be in... They werent sure. I did get an appt for Wed morning. Oh joy. Hopefully they can get my esp light fixed and maybe even the transmission!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update 6/12

Nitro went back in today and they say they should have it for a few days to fix the problems of the ESP once again, and the stalling,ac not working, man I gave them a list. Let ya know what the come up with.

·
Registered
257 Posts
well my light no longer comes on, but I dont think its working properly. I was kinda testing it out and it should have popped on and didnt, I felt it slide... It just wasnt right. I really hope I dont have to lemon law this thing,,, I really love it and want to keep it forever.

G

·
dealer replaced SAS sensor, and a clkspring, seems to be ok today:confused:
Hi! This forum is wonderful! I am having the same problem with my ESP light coming on and staying on...it happened last week, we scheduled an apointment with our dealer, but they couldn't get us in for a week...after nearly a week, the light didn't reapear, we thought maybe it was something we had done to caus ethe light to come on, maybe it was a feature...now again this morning, the light is back! Since we had cancelled our apointment, we now have to wait another week...Also, I am wondering if anyone has an answer as to why the engine would seem to be "revving" after we start it...the dealer tells us it is a feature to "warm up the engine" but that doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi! This forum is wonderful! I am having the same problem with my ESP light coming on and staying on...it happened last week, we scheduled an apointment with our dealer, but they couldn't get us in for a week...after nearly a week, the light didn't reapear, we thought maybe it was something we had done to caus ethe light to come on, maybe it was a feature...now again this morning, the light is back! Since we had cancelled our apointment, we now have to wait another week...Also, I am wondering if anyone has an answer as to why the engine would seem to be "revving" after we start it...the dealer tells us it is a feature to "warm up the engine" but that doesn't sound right.
Most cars do go into a higher idel for a few mins, and yes it is to warm up, so depending on how high yours revs, hard to tell. With your esp lite it will come on if the roads are wet and your truck feels a slip, but if it comes on and stays on after key cycle, maybe a problem. had my sensors replaced and now back for the samething, on and stays on. good luck.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Most cars do go into a higher idel for a few mins, and yes it is to warm up, so depending on how high yours revs, hard to tell. With your esp lite it will come on if the roads are wet and your truck feels a slip, but if it comes on and stays on after key cycle, maybe a problem. had my sensors replaced and now back for the samething, on and stays on. good luck.
In particular, keep an eye on the SAS (steering Angle Sensor) there have been known problems with this part on both the Nitro and the Liberty.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
My esp/bas light came on on Saturday morning going to work. Coming home it was fine, hasn't been on since or even before that day. I power washed the wheels front and back Friday night, I'm thinking I blasted some dirt up inside one of the sensors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.