Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2011 dodge nitro that’s at the dealer for repairs they tell me it needs (ESIM). I do have the extended lifetime unlimited maximum care warranty. Does anybody know if this part is covered and if it isn’t how difficult is it to replace. The dealer wants $350.00.
Thank you for your help.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,742 Posts
That seems high to me. But a lot depends on what exactly they want to replace.
Just the ESIM and or the rubber seal behind it. See this thread, Post 12 Green in Pics & seal ,#2 in second Pic.
(To see the Pics clearly, right click on them and then select "view image".)
The ESIM switch, has wing tabs that have to be squeezed together to get it off the canister. It does take quite a bit of effort to make them let loose so you can remove it. Kinda easy access under the LR corner of the body, under the fuel filler door area. (look up behind the LR tire)

I do not know what is covered by your warranty. You will have to read it to find out. The ESIM would be considered part of the emissions system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your response.The dealer told me the ESIM wasn’t covered under my maximum care Chrysler warranty. I almost went for the $350 they quoted me. I just couldn’t believe that this part was not covered under my warranty so I called Chrysler myself and after speaking with them they told me yes the part was covered. So I was happy about that. The dealer gave me a song and dance how they thought the part was not covered so I just had to pay my deductible.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,742 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out!
I hate scammers... and it seems dealers are among the worst IMO. They can check the warranty and see it there. If there was any question they should have made the call to Corp for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts