Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Nitro SLT (black)
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone
dumb question but I want to make sure I'm buying the proper part...I noticed the exhaust has two mufflers? theres one large muffler under vehicle then a small muffler under bumper attached to small tail pipe....it looks like I need to replace this larger muffler under vehicle....can i just cut it out and buy a replacement and clamp it in with pipe fitting and clamps ....looking at a magnaflow or dynomax from crappy tire....just want to get it done before it gets to cold here

·
Registered
241 Posts
I don't think you'll have any trouble doing it that way. When I replaced mine with a Magnaflow I did basically the same, but I also took it to a muffler shop and had them weld it in for a few bucks.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
The rear one is just a resonator. The stock muffler is longer then the Magnaflow so you will likely need to add a small piece of pipe as well.
BTW make sure you get the correct Magnaflow! Center in / offset out.
I used a Magnaflow #11226. 2.5" in and out.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Nitro SLT (black)
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys!...ended up just hitting Zoro Muffler...guys there are awesome....was in and out in half hour ....replaced muffler only with OEM stainless and welded in,still have original resenator,,,can this be cut off or replaced with after market?....to be honest I'm not a big fan of mods when it comes to mechanical...will post a pic soon....you can tell the guy has welded quite a few mufflers in his day....beautiful beads
now to tackle my heat prob ugh

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
Personally I like the sound with the resonator on. Basically It is just a hollow tube.

Reactions: db57
1 - 6 of 6 Posts