Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have looked at the mopar accessories, and they have no listing for rear entertainment systems that are compatible with the sunroof option. I have a SLT w/sunroof and the infiniti sound system... I have it in my G. Caravan... and wanted it for the kids in the Nitro... does anyone know the part number for it?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yes. I have a SLT with sunroof and stock rear entertainment system...
If I can borrow the thread...of you that has the rear DVD flip down... does it have any additional controls or display from the head unit.

Reason is because the radio head unit has 2 video outs and I am making my own display setup.

If any one can post the answer it will be great:beerchug:

·
Registered
165 Posts
If I can borrow the thread...of you that has the rear DVD flip down... does it have any additional controls or display from the head unit.

Reason is because the radio head unit has 2 video outs and I am making my own display setup.

If any one can post the answer it will be great:beerchug:
I have the 368 watt Infinity 6 disc REQ radio. My only control from the head unit is inserting and listening to the dvd. All else is controlled with a remote from the back seat. hope this helps?

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
#82210535, at least according to accessories guide.

They don't make any distinction between with or without sunroof, so I assume that they fit all versions.:wavey:

Ahh, you know what happens when you assume...

The 82210535AB is for non sunroof vehicles only. And yes, I know none Mopars' information states that. I'm a distributor for Mopar. We ran into this when a dealer was trying to install one. I had to call a product engineer to find out for sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahh, you know what happens when you assume...

The 82210535AB is for non sunroof vehicles only. And yes, I know none Mopars' information states that. I'm a distributor for Mopar. We ran into this when a dealer was trying to install one. I had to call a product engineer to find out for sure.

So is there one available with the sunroof? or maybe a different installation kit?

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Hey Guys,

I am In the process of ordering an R/T, and have been debating getting the Flip down rear video, because its $1,300, and I get get one with a bigger screen at Circuit City Installed for right around $1000.

Are all the nitro's pre-wired for the rear video? Do the OEM units play DVD's from the Head Unit, or from a built-in player on the Flip down?

Right now the debate for me is, Do I get a unit in-stock that has a Sunroof/Rear Video, but no My Gig, Or do I order a Unit with My Gig, and no sunroof/rear video?

The sunroof, although nice to have, Would probably never get used, Because I live in IL, and it's always too hot, too cold, or too many bugs out.

The Rear video probably wouln't get used for a year or two after my newborn daughter is old enough to watch movies.

But having never seen one, I wonder how good is the my gig? are the aftermarket DVD/Nav decks better than the MyGig? I like the HDD Storage on the MyGig too....

-TheChad

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
All nitros use the same kit.. 82210535AB which includes wiring harness, mounting brackets, two headphones, and remote.. with or without sunroof.

The install is only a couple hours.. aftermarket ones are bigger.. but normally only carry a one year warranty, as for the mopar you get 3/36... or 3/60 here in Canada.. List is $1360 Canadian and the Nitro club price is only $1020.00 CDN.. so you could save some dough on the initial purchase.. and install it later.. and still have full warranty... 1020 cdn = 865 usd

adam

So does that mean it's pre-wired? You just connect up a wire harness in the roof?

-TheChad

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are all the nitro's pre-wired for the rear video? Do the OEM units play DVD's from the Head Unit, or from a built-in player on the Flip down?

Right now the debate for me is, Do I get a unit in-stock that has a Sunroof/Rear Video, but no My Gig, Or do I order a Unit with My Gig, and no sunroof/rear video?
While there's always a chance, it is probably unlikely that all Nitros are pre-wired for the rear video. The factory unit plays DVDs from the 6 disc radio.

Of those three options (VES, sunroof, and MyGIG,) the MyGIG will likely be the easiest to add later if you decide you need it and can free up the funds, once the kit is available. (The usual note applies here, that unless the vehicle already has UConnect, the aftermarket MyGIG will not accept voice commands.)

I went with the sunroof/VES combo, partially because the MyGIG was not yet available. The screen is not the largest or of the greatest quality, but should be fine for kids and I didn't have to trust Circuit City with the install. Aside from the screen, it is a neat package. You get two sets of headphones, and through the remote control, each person can control which source they want to listen to, independent of what's playing on through the normal sound-system. So for example, I can be driving, listening to FM radio through the car's speakers, someone can be listening to Satellite radio through one set of headphones, and someone else can be watching/listening to a movie through the other set of headphones.

As the driver, the only downside with the sunroof/VES combo is that the screen, when flipped down, blocks my view through the rear-view mirror. Maybe without the sunroof, it might be a little better.

In the end, you'll be happy either way, and there are aftermarket solutions to add the other functionality you care about later.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
well put...

We offer dual kits that mount in the headrests as well.. factory matched etc.. but again.. not mopar.. I'll post a picture as soon as i find it!!! it's from a caravan but you'll get the idea.

Nitro's are NOT pre-wired for DVD. The harness will need to be run from the unit across the roof, down the A-pillar, and finally to the radio.. if memory serves- it's 3 separate wiring kits.

I think the headrest video would be great... better than a flip down for sure! But I am worried it wouldn't match....

-TheChad

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
All nitros use the same kit.. 82210535AB which includes wiring harness, mounting brackets, two headphones, and remote.. with or without sunroof.

The install is only a couple hours.. aftermarket ones are bigger.. but normally only carry a one year warranty, as for the mopar you get 3/36... or 3/60 here in Canada.. List is $1360 Canadian and the Nitro club price is only $1020.00 CDN.. so you could save some dough on the initial purchase.. and install it later.. and still have full warranty... 1020 cdn = 865 usd

adam
Adam, sorry to dispute you, but the 82210535AB is only for non-sunroof vehicles. I know Mopar's catalog does not make that distinction. However, I ran into one of my dealers trying to install one in a vehicle with a sunroof. Won't work. I called a product line manager at Mopar to confirm.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.