Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can some of you lucky Nitro owners tell me what FM frequency steps can be dialed with the factory radio (frequency resolution of FM tuner)?

I'm asking since in the US FM stations are at odd multiples of 100 kHz (e.g. 98.3, 98.5, ... MHz) while in Europe they are at even multiples of 100 kHz (e.g. 98.4, 98.6, ... MHz). So if the FM frequency of the factory radio can not be selected in steps of 100 kHz or less then I can not use the radio when I import a Nitro into Europe.

Many thanks for helping,
Roland

·
Registered
202 Posts
I tried this last night. The US factory radio only tunes to the odd 200KHz FM frequencies. Apparently, there are other differences as well:

http://www.epanorama.net/documents/radio/radio_differences.html

There doesn't appear to be a user-controlled setting within the radio to change this. Maybe one of our resident techs can check to see if there's a setting accessible via the scan tool select the locale, although I doubt it. Worst case, I suppose, would be to buy the export radio through a European dealer one it's available and then sell the original US radio.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@bch

Many thanks for the info. I once had a car radio from the US where I could switch a jumper inside to make it conform to European standards. Could be the same with the Nitro's radio, especially since they will start selling them over here this summer. We'll see.

Regards,
Roland

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.