Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put an after market woofer in the stock enclosure and now i think i need to either port the stock enclosure or go with an aftermarket box for the sub.

The question is has anyone ported the factory enclosure? What size hole? Where at in relation to the factory speaker hole and how well do you think it worked?

Im not using the factory amp to push with woofer and I have already pop one woofer trying to get the sound I want. Im not trying to rattle my neighborhood just want good clean sound out of the low end.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have put an after market woofer in the stock enclosure and now i think i need to either port the stock enclosure or go with an aftermarket box for the sub.

The question is has anyone ported the factory enclosure? What size hole? Where at in relation to the factory speaker hole and how well do you think it worked?

Im not using the factory amp to push with woofer and I have already pop one woofer trying to get the sound I want. Im not trying to rattle my neighborhood just want good clean sound out of the low end.

I forgot to ask does anyone know sq. ft. of the factory enclosure?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
How big is your woofer? If you want boom, 10 or larger work better. My GMC Jimmy with a 10" will rattle all the windows at low frequencies. Even turned down, it will still shake everything. I'm using an enclosed 10" thin Pioneer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its an 8 inch fosgate. Its sounds good but kinda like it choked when the bass hits. That why i want to know if anyone has ported the factory enclosure, and how? Im hoping i dont have to take up cargo space with a box.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It it designed for enclosure or ported?
Mine does not have a factory woofer. My plan is to build a custom box to fit in the corner slot. It will be enclosed with an amp attached to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is designed for either sealed or ported but the allowable size of the enclosure changes from .75 sq ft for ported to .25- .55 sq ft for sealed if I remember correctly. I've tried to use a volume calculator that i found online but the odd shape throws it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.