Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it may just be possible for us to install factory uconnect inside our Nitro's for those of us that don't have it. The dealerships are acting like they don't want to get their hands dirty. There are a few things needed first.

1. The Dimming Mirror and Uconnect wires
2. Mirror wiring harness
3. Telematic module (the brain)
4. Someone knowledgeable who can make a wiring harness for the radio.

The person who can make the wiring harness, obviously will have a chance to make some money!

Any takers?:p BTW, can anyone with factory uconnect already, give us the part number for the mirror and the telematic module (hands free module)

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
BTW, can anyone with factory uconnect already, give us the part number for the mirror and the telematic module (hands free module)
I don't have the factory installed Uconnect but have been researching this for weeks. Here are the part numbers:

5064469AA Telematics module
55157457 Mirror
??? Mirror harness

I haven't had time to check to see if my SLT is pre-wired for the telematics module yet. I hope to do that tomorrow.

If it is pre-wired, there will be more than five pins on the existing mirror connector at the base of the driver's side A-pillar. If so, there should then be a harness for the telematics module coiled beneath the glovebox, behind the kick panel.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have the factory installed Uconnect but have been researching this for weeks. Here are the part numbers:

5064013AH Telematics module
4806228AB Mirror
5089051AB Mirror harness

I haven't had time to check to see if my SLT is pre-wired for the telematics module yet. I hope to do that tomorrow.

If it is pre-wired, there will be more than five pins on the existing mirror connector at the base of the driver's side A-pillar. If so, there should then be a harness for the telematics module coiled beneath the glovebox, behind the kick panel.
Hey SpadMan, I see we're on the same page! This is exactly what I'm talking about. I assume there should be a harness for the telematics module, or why else would even the base rec radio have the uconnect button? I'm not an expert on audio installs, so if someone with that knowledge can check for the harness, that would be most helpful. Keep up the good work Spa!

·
Registered
202 Posts
The factory location for the telematics module is on the right rear quarter panel, behind the subwoofer and below the amp. I pulled that panel off a few months ago to check to see if there was a spare connector there on my SLT with almost every other option, and there was not. If there was, it would have been wired through the black connector (C313, I believe) on the D pillar below, per the wiring diagrams. The pins for the hands free option were empty.

Now, provided you can obtain the necessary physical connectors for the mirror and telematics module, I see no reason why you couldn't just mount the module up front somewhere.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
NitroBilly said:
why else would even the base rec radio have the uconnect button?
Exactly!

The factory location for the telematics module is on the right rear quarter panel, behind the subwoofer and under the amp.
Hey, thanks for that bch! I was hoping that Uconnect would be pre-wired because, like NitroBilly, I've got a radio button for it. I'm still going to check the existing mirror harness tomorrow to see what it's plugged into.

·
Registered
21 Posts

4. Someone knowledgeable who can make a wiring harness for the radio.
I posted this on another thread, but i took my radio out the other day and there was a harness plugged into the radio's uconnect location. These gotta be going somewhere. As soon as I have time, I'm gonna do a little wire pulling to see what I can find out.

G

·
Need Help with UCONNECT

I have some questions about the U-connect feature.

My salesman said it came with U-Connect. I wasnt sure but the salesman and the service staff insisted that it did. When I got home and went throught the manual I quickly learned I just had the buttons for it. The dealer is installing the system at no charge to me since they assured me that it had uconnect.

The dealership has had my new Nitro for 6 days and I went and picked it up last night. I was told all I had to do was set it up. First off they installed some aftermarket system with a small microphone on the drives side by the window. I wanted the factory set up with the rear view mirror. Either way it doesnt work.

I have tried 4 different phones and five differnet people have tried. When you go throught the directions it says after the ready prompt and the beep .... Well I never get the beep and I never hear any prompts.

I am not savy with any of this install business I just want to be able to drive and use the buttons on my radio and talk on phone. Can you tell me what I can say to the dealer so that they might better understand? From reading this forum you all have MUCH better knoweledge than the dealership I am working with. Please help! This has been a nightmare!
Thanks!:eek:

·
Registered
128 Posts
You should ask your dealer for an original system. I have mine in my SLT and it works perfectly and was very simple to set up. I could do it even tough i dont use bluetooth in my cel, but set up my daughters cel an those of some friends of mine I showed my Nitro.

·
Nitro Addict!
538 Posts
One of the best Nitro gizmos

I have the Uconnect in both of our Nitros and think that they are a must have in today's society where we are so used to having our cell phones all the time now. It is a great feature and all cars and trucks should come with some form of hands free phone use.

I would strongly suggest that you force your dealer to install the factory Uconnect that they had promised you was included with your Nitro. :mad:

Report them to Chrysler Corp., the Better Business Bureau, your local newspaper editors, who ever it takes to get them to do it right. :4-jump2::4-jump2::4-jump2:

I don't think I will ever buy another car or truck without this great product.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have the Uconnect in both of our Nitros and think that they are a must have in today's society where we are so used to having our cell phones all the time now. It is a great feature and all cars and trucks should come with some form of hands free phone use.

I would strongly suggest that you force your dealer to install the factory Uconnect that they had promised you was included with your Nitro. :mad:

Report them to Chrysler Corp., the Better Business Bureau, your local newspaper editors, who ever it takes to get them to do it right. :4-jump2::4-jump2::4-jump2:

I don't think I will ever buy another car or truck without this great product.
I've got the MyGIG unit on the way. After that it's saving up for the UConnect. With my Blackberry Pearl calling is voice activated which is awesome on the road, but hands-free would be much better.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
My dealer add the factory one to my R/T at time of purchase. It only took them about 15 min. to do it. They finished it before the finance guy had finished trying to sell me the extended warranty and glass etching...
And, it is Great!! Works like a champ as long as you keep the call "names" short.

G

·
Dealers Lie

My Dealer told me I had it also but when I went home to set it up it said it was unavailable... I turned around and went right back to them they said ohh this Nitro is not equipped with it. They then told me that all nitros are sent off the assembly line with the buttons for uconnect but they could install an aftermarket bluetooth but it wont work off the the buttons on the radio. Am I getting jerked around here or can it be installed? Please help!

·
Registered
441 Posts
u-connect

You can also purchase the Bluegig interface from NAV-tv. Our peice actually activates the features. It is plug and play into the back of the mygig radio...PM me for more details...Susanne

·
Registered
4 Posts
U connect on all radios

Exactly!

Hey, thanks for that bch! I was hoping that Uconnect would be pre-wired because, like NitroBilly, I've got a radio button for it. I'm still going to check the existing mirror harness tomorrow to see what it's plugged into.

So there is a lot of Drama about this Uconnect. That's cus Dodge includes the button on most radios weather it has it or not. :smiledown: "how stupid is that"
Thanks for helping us figure out how to get this great option. :smileup:
so just FYI most radios have the Uconnect button. But that dont mean Jack.
Those of you that have it. ITS AWESOME. :Racing:To us that want it. its a lot of work. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a question about u-connect.
After reading the above,can I assume that if I have the buttons on my radio it just means that the radio is equiped to accept u-connect.
But I need other things like a different rear view mirror.
Can the dealer make mine u-connect compatable and how much does it cost?
Also is there anything like a monthly fee?
Thanks,Jim

·
Registered
607 Posts
U Connect the greatest option

I finally got a bluetooth cell phone today. MIne other cell phone was rather old. Let me tell you the U Connect is the greatest thing in the world. It paried up with no problem. I figured out how to create a phonebook. Man what a great product this thing is. I had a friend in the Nitro tonight and I was showing him how it worked. I programmed a few numbers. He could not believe how easy it was just follow the prompts. I even made some calls from it and one of my friends says it sounds very clear like I am in the next room.

I am really glad I got the U Connect it is going to make my life so much easier when I am traveling. Even if I am running late for work I dont have to risk that ticket any more. If you guys could afford the upgrade man it is well worth it. I was one of the lucky one's who got the upgrade for free.

I am really loving my new 2010 Nitro SXT. The only problem is since I got the Nitro it has snowed and rained since I picked it up. I can't wait to wash my baby. Get that Stone White shinning again. Then I will post some pictures. I was in pep boys getting new mats for the Nitro. I found rubber mats with the Dodge ram head on them man does it look sweet against the black carpet.

Just thought I would share. Thanks for listening.

Andy :Racing: :loser1:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Factory installed U-connect

I just bought a Compass and it sounds like someone here had the same experience - I was told the vehicle came with the factory installed U-connect when it didn't, so now after some discussion the dealer is going to install the U-connect. What I didn't realize is that there is a dealer installed system that uses a hideous microphone rather than the built in mic in the rear view mirror. From what I read in this thread, it sounds like they should be able to install the factory U-connect by swapping the rear view mirror out? The stereo has the hands-free button already as well.

I will make sure to ask to see the parts when I bring it in to make sure that I am not getting the ugly microphone stuck on the pillar.

Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The factory location for the telematics module is on the right rear quarter panel, behind the subwoofer and below the amp. I pulled that panel off a few months ago to check to see if there was a spare connector there on my SLT with almost every other option, and there was not. If there was, it would have been wired through the black connector (C313, I believe) on the D pillar below, per the wiring diagrams. The pins for the hands free option were empty.

Now, provided you can obtain the necessary physical connectors for the mirror and telematics module, I see no reason why you couldn't just mount the module up front somewhere.

Hello bch,

Sorry for my very bad english but i'm french and i've juste buy a 2007 Nitro SXT and i can not use my Uconnect. When i press the Uconnect button on the front of my 6CD radio (RET) it appear "Uconnect not available".
I've look as you say behind the subwoofer and the only module i see below the amp is a black module with BOSH write on it?? Do you think it is the Uconnect module???
I ask you the question just to know if my dealer only have to activate it or if i have to bye a complete Uconnect kit with Telematic module and mic.

Thank you so much for your answer and your interest

Best regards

Stéphane.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.