Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just added a chrome front License Plate holder to the front bumper....up here in canada you need a front plate as well as the rear.

For me it matches in nicely...will get you all some pics as soon as I can :)

Also Looking at painting the raised lettering in the engine compartment for the 3.7 engine call out....I know pictures

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Add on

I took off the dealer plastic frame too. I didn't really count that as an add on however it really is. Mine is chrome with a clear plate cover.......And it matches the rear lift gate handle. I'll post a pic but it wasn't taken for this reason however it works. Don't guess I'll post a pic right now....I have exceeded my quota. I'll work on that.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it was a useless post but just needed to tell you all....:shy: And the wife didnt give me time to get the pic uploaded:shakehead:

So here is a shot of it I know it is not much here but it does look great in real life

Here is my next small mod

:Na_Na_Na_Na: back to Nitrowill I hope this makes up for the first post LOL

· NitroZ is the place to be!!!
1,604 Posts
I took off the dealer plastic frame too. I didn't really count that as an add on however it really is. Mine is chrome with a clear plate cover.......And it matches the rear lift gate handle. I'll post a pic but it wasn't taken for this reason however it works. Don't guess I'll post a pic right now....I have exceeded my quota. I'll work on that.
In just a few more days you will be bumped into the next usergroup adding another MB to your storage limit :)

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wanted chrome but dont have the time so I tried the red/orange colour I already had. It is not real permanent yet...needs a clear coat so I can still change. Also where I work we do heat transfer chrome work and I want to try that but I need to make a nest or pad to match the lettering. Will keep trying and see how it goes.

· Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh..thats not photoshopped - its actually done? Howd you do it? Chrome would look muuuch better..

And I found a neat license plate frame:
http://www.x-tremegeek.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?productID=13593
:D
No I actually painted by hand using Dupli-Color touch up paint and it is Fire Red Chrysler color and I now have two coats. I needs some cleaning up on the edges but here is another picture. As with any shot it does look better in natural light

As for the Chrome idea I would need to sand the grain off the letters and make it a smooth surface to get proper adhesion. The material I would use is like a foil that you would iron/heat on to the letters. You also need pressure to bond the foil properly which would mean likely removing the air breather (?) from the engine and putting it in a press of sorts to get it right.

This way I figured I could try the red letters and if I want I can still go to the chrome Idea. I alo have foil that has adhesive on it but I dont think it will suit the engine compartment due to the heat and oil contaminants

· NITROHOLIC™
1,709 Posts
Looks better in that picture..might look good with a solid white border too...The foil adhesive probably wouldnt work - it gets pretty hot in there..Whered you get your touch up paint from? If i do anything id probabl paint mine white to match my exterior :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.