Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Boss started the truck this morn. to go somewhere & the driver window went down by itself & would not go back up, she found me & I turned the key a few times ,hit the switch a few times & smacked the armrest 1 time the window went back up. But before she got home it went down again, went through same routine again same result. She left truck home rest of day & it stayed shut. When I got home went out & started it & window went down, pulled switch cluster out of armrest & was damp in there. Started truck turned heat on high & let it run 1/2 Hour went out to ck. window was down tapped side of switch & window went up. shut truck off & went in the house. Will call service dept. in the morn.:shakehead:

·
Registered
195 Posts
thats one of the common bugs thats giong around, my buddy works for a dealer and he said there getting alot of nitros with the window going down but not comeing up or just doing some wierd stuff. youll have to take it in.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also thought it strange that its damp in there, That switch cluster pops right out not seperate switches two wire bundles 1 w/3 wires, 1 w/ 6 wires., for everything windows, dr. locks, mirrors & win lock.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went out this morn. started truck window stayed up. Didn't have enough intestinal fortitude to try switch. By the time I got home tonite from work it was killing me so went out started truck & hit switch win. went down pulled up on switch win. went up tried 4 more times works fine. Now to find out was it just dampness or was it the little people?:thk:

G

·
Auto Window Up

I have the same problem with the auto window up. Worked great for two weeks then stopped suddenly yesterday. I am going to try the ideas I have red on here and let everyone know.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rnlong, that switch pod pops right out use a kitchen knife or the like slip under the side toward the back & pry up gently pops up pick up at back end pull up & out wires are plenty long enough.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I noticed a similar issue last night. The window would only move 3-4 inches when activated, then stop. Release the switch and hit it again, and it would move another 3-4 inches. I'll try popping the switch assembly 2nite and check for moisture. If that doesn't help. In she goes........to the stealership. Aargh!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.