07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,657 Posts
2.08 L (4.4 Pints) :smileup:

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Some more info for you all... This is for the 07, but I'm sure they are close for all years.

SPECIFICATIONS FLUID CAPACITIES

DESCRIPTION............................................................................ SPECIFICATION
FUEL TANK
2.8L.... .................................................................... 70.01(18.5 U.S. Gallons)*

3.7L/4.0L..................................................................73.81(19.5 U.S. Gallons)*

ENGINE OIL
2.8L with Filter.......................................................................6.6L (7.0 Quarts)

3.7L with Filter.......................................................................4.7L (5.0 Quarts)

4.0L with Filter.......................................................................5.7L (6.0 Quarts)

ENGINE COOLANT
2.8L.....................................................................................12.5L(1 1.8 Quarts)

3.7L.....................................................................................13.2L (14.0 Quarts)

4.0L.....................................................................................13.2L (14.0 Quarts)

POWER STEERING SYSTEM
Power steering fluid capacities are dependent on engine/chassis options as well as steering gear/cooler options.
Depending on type and size of internal cooler, length and inside diameter of cooler lines, or use of an auxiliary cooler, these capacities may vary.

A/C REFRIGERANT SYSTEM

Single Unit.........................................0 kg (1.125 Pounds, 18Oz)​

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

Service Fill -NAG1..................................................................5.0 L (10.6 Pints)​

O-haul Fill - NAG1..................................................................7.7 L (16.3 Pints)​

Service Fill - 42RLE....................................................................3.8L (8.0 Pints)

O-haul Fill - 42RLE......................................................................8.3L(17.6 Pints)

Dry fill capacity depending on type and size of internal cooler, length and inside diameter of cooler lines, or use of an auxiliary cooler, these figures may vary.

TRANSFER CASE
MP140...........................................................................................85L(1.80 Pints)

MP143............................................................................................85L(1.80 Pints)

MANUAL TRANSMISSION
(Approximate dry fill or fill to bottom edge of the fill plug hole.)

NSG370.........................................................................................1.5L(3.17 Pints)

FRONT AXLE

186 FlA (Model 30).........................................................................1.24L(2.6 Pints)

REAR AXLE
8 1/4.......................................................................................
..2.08L (4.4 Pints.)​

*Nominal refill capacities are shown. A variation may be observed from vehicle to vehicle due to manufacturing tolerance and refill procedure.

Reactions: Nitrogen and tryNto

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reviewed the capacities by Scar0 seem accurate. I had a question that never was answered- 2011 Nitro Shock 4x4 with 4.0- Dipstick reads one inch above full with each oil change. Anyone else with inaccurate dipsticks?

·
Registered
899 Posts
Reviewed the capacities by Scar0 seem accurate. I had a question that never was answered- 2011 Nitro Shock 4x4 with 4.0- Dipstick reads one inch above full with each oil change. Anyone else with inaccurate dipsticks?[/QUOTE

dont know about the dipstick but both Bluescott and myself found on the diesel the quoted amount of oil in the book left the dip short by about 0.5l :confused: better safe than sorry so went with the dipstick

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Reviewed the capacities by Scar0 seem xaccurate. I had a question that never was answered- 2011 Nitro Shock 44 with 4.0- Dipstick reads one inch above full with each oil change. Anyone else with inaccurate dipsticks?
This was answered in your other threads about the same issue.
If you have a concern, you are still under warranty. Take it to the dealer and have them swap it with a new one, or another one on the lot. Better safe than sorry. :smileup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
synthetic oil !

Hi there folks ! you guys have bin around these nitros for awhile, my question is... i'm switching to mobil 1 & my 3.7 requires 5w20,could i go alittle heavier weight or just stay where it's at ?? thx for any in put !

·
The Univalent Radical
7,287 Posts
Hi there folks ! you guys have bin around these nitros for awhile, my question is... i'm switching to mobil 1 & my 3.7 requires 5w20,could i go alittle heavier weight or just stay where it's at ?? thx for any in put !
Going to a thicker oil could cause your engine to work harder and your mileage could suffer. I would stick by the manufacturers' recommendations, IMHO.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
30,657 Posts
Going to a thicker oil could cause your engine to work harder and your mileage could suffer. I would stick by the manufacturers' recommendations, IMHO.

:cool:
I agree, stick with OEM recommendations.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
synthetic oil !

Been running Mobil synthetic almost since first oil change.
Nitro seems to like it.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,683 Posts
Differentials: SAE 75-140 synthetic. It will take about 2 liters per differential. And don't forget to buy news gaskets! ;)

Engine: 5w-20 motor oil, for petrol. Not sure on the 2.8 CDL

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,683 Posts
BTW.. don't ask me where I got CDL from. LOL. Probably because I have one (Commercial Drivers License). I meant to say CRD. o_O

Reactions: Scar0

·
Registered
67 Posts
I used 5w30 motor oil in my crd because that is what it takes if you have a dpf but I have no idea if it has or not so i used the more expensive stuff to be on the safe side!

what new gaskets are needed!? is there not a drain and level plug in the diffs???

·
Registered
67 Posts
Differentials: SAE 75-140 synthetic. It will take about 2 liters per differential. And don't forget to buy news gaskets! ;)

Engine: 5w-20 motor oil, for petrol. Not sure on the 2.8 CDL
So does 75-140 mean that any fully synthetic gear oil above 75 is ok below 140? would 75w90 be ok as I cant find anything fully synthetic higher than 90 in my parts shop?

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
2.8 CRD:
Engine oil: with DPF 5W-30 Fully Synthetic low ash oil.
without DPF 0W-40 Fully Sytnthetic.
Front Axel: 80W-90 Multipurpose Type GL-5 Gear Lubricant.
Rear Axel: 75W-140 Synthetic Gear Lubricant.
Automatic Transmission, Transfer Case and Power Steering: Mopar ATF+4, Automatic Transmission Fluid.
Brake Master Cylinder: DOT 3 Brake Fluid.

IMO only use what is listed, could end up with leaks etc.

Reactions: Scar0
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.