Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so torn with the different sounds when trying to decide what exhaust to go with. Finally i found a shop that has been around for about 15 yrs and only does exhaust. (nothing else). So we narrowed it down to 3 mufflers. Cut the exhaust and they slid each muffler on one at a time. I went with a 40 series flowmaster. They put it back together and called me back in for a listen. They then suggested to go back under and cut out the resonator. I agreed. So if you want that nice sound at about 2800-3000 rpm and that rumble at idle and its a 4.0L then Flowmaster 40 series and cut out the resonator.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
Cool Congrats on the mod. :smileup:
But you know the drill... It didn't happen without Pics.
A sound clip would be a nice addition to our Muffler mod sound clips as well!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Would love that "burble" I miss my old ford explorer for that, any chance from a diesel !!!!!!! LOL :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was so torn with the different sounds when trying to decide what exhaust to go with. Finally i found a shop that has been around for about 15 yrs and only does exhaust. (nothing else). So we narrowed it down to 3 mufflers. Cut the exhaust and they slid each muffler on one at a time. I went with a 40 series flowmaster. They put it back together and called me back in for a listen. They then suggested to go back under and cut out the resonator. I agreed. So if you want that nice sound at about 2800-3000 rpm and that rumble at idle and its a 4.0L then Flowmaster 40 series and cut out the resonator.
Thanks Dee31/CharlieK ! for sharing what "sounds" like a great experience (and a good shop to work with) !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts