Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We are having a really nice ice storm run thru here this morning.
I am about 1 hour north of Buffalo.

I let the Nitro warm up for about 5 minutes, jumped in, and did all the stuff I needed to do.

The Nitro is really stable for a truck it's size. I know it is no lightweight but it is in a mid size segement and I think it has all the good points of a larger vehicle while maintaining some of the positive characteristics the smaller vehicles have.

I think Dodge really has a winner here.:D

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here's what we got about an hour east of Buffalo:

There's a few more here. The remote start worked great in this situation, allowing the ice around the doors to melt just a bit without having to chip it off to get the doors open.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
9,544 Posts
Did you switch to 4x4 part time mode? Do you try it on 4x2 mode? I agree with you. The suspension is really great in this vehicle. This vehicle will steal some Liberty sales for sure. I don't that's a problem because the new Liberty will be coming out soon. I think in '08. I'll check at work and find out. I heard it'll have the Commander headlights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I learned a long time ago to " go in with 2 wheel drive and come out in 4 wheel"

This morning I srated out in 2 with a bit of fishtail at the bottom of the street so I flipped the switch and tracked along as if it where on rails!

The Nitro's have excellent braking compared to a lot of other SUV vehicles I have driven recently and in the past.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey bch great lookin ride I thought I was looking at a pic of my Nitro, mine is just like yours for now but I will be adding some stuff hopefully before too long. Thanks for the heads up on driving on ice, here in N.C. we get alot of ice in the winter. I don't want to talk up anything bad but I hope I get to play some too.

:Racing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.