Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if a purist would call a front end cover a Mod but here goes.

I wondered if a front end cover (LeBra, or whatever) is a good idea. Will it affect the chrome (I know I'm not getting an R/T)? I don't care much for the chrome look and I can't afford to have it powdercoated so I wondered if anyone has ever used one on a Nitro or any other vehicle and did it do anything to the finish?

My Husband says it will ruin it but I really want something over the chrome. He's prolly right, he ussually is.:Racing:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't know if a purist would call a front end cover a Mod but here goes.

I wondered if a front end cover (LeBra, or whatever) is a good idea. Will it affect the chrome (I know I'm not getting an R/T)? I don't care much for the chrome look and I can't afford to have it powdercoated so I wondered if anyone has ever used one on a Nitro or any other vehicle and did it do anything to the finish?

My Husband says it will ruin it but I really want something over the chrome. He's prolly right, he ussually is.:Racing:
Mama, my experience with bra's is that you have to keep it absolutely clean underneath or you will sustain damage. The kinda country I live in has snow, rain, mud, debris all blowing around. I even got a rock chip from blowing gravel off of the highway during a blizzard/wind storm.

Personally, I have had bra's on my cars in the past and think they look great, however I wouldn't get one just for the fact of all the crap that ends up underneath 'em and could and in my case has caused paint/grille damage.

Hope my little tidbit of information helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StreetDancer, That's what I wanted to know, I want to protect the front of the car, My current car has chips all over the front, it is 13 years old so it is understandable but I want to do whatever I can to prolong the life of this car, I know from past experience I will have it for a very long time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

:Racing:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Look up 3m paint protectant, here or on their site , it's a clear film fits right over whatever , think they already have a kit for the NITRO. It's clear almost invisible & does just what you are looking to get out of a bra.There is a thread on the site here about it.:pepper:

G

·
front end

i was also considering the chrome hood guard, but i saw they make the bra in two designs. You can have it on the hole front and part of the hood or you can buy the bra just for the hood section. Has anyone tried just the hood section yet?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.