Fuel Filler Housing | Dodge Nitro Forum

Fuel Filler Housing

Discussion in 'Dodge Nitro Mechanical Problems and Questions' started by Grant Anderson, Mar 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Grant Anderson

Grant Anderson New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 dodge nitro
    Trim:
    SLT
    Color:
    Bright Silver Metallic

Good morning. Recently had my Fuel Filler Housing come loose and i think all that happened was a clip fell off on the right side of the housing. Can anybody provide me a picture of theirs i can use for comparison? Online diagrams aren't exactly clear if i there is a clip im missing or more and if i can buy the clip separate or just need to order the whole housing. Thanks!

2. Scar0

Scar0 Khaki Nitro Nut Moderator Member Relations NOTM Winner!

Vehicle:
    07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
    Trim:
    SXT
    Color:
    Light Khaki Metallic
    The 2 rubber bumpers on the housing sit at 2 and 4 o'clock positions, across from the door hinge. The rear part of the door rests on those bumpers when closed. Don't pull out the bumpers. You can't get them back in.:mad:
    Right next to those same points are tabs which snap onto the hole opening in the sheet metal.
    The manual says there are 3 screws which hold the filler door/ housing in place. But ill be darned if I can find them.
    I tried to look up from the backside, and all I was able to see from the ground is the tabs. But it appears there are 4 and not 2 as the manual suggests.
    The Pic I took shows nothing except the top rim of the plastic, covering the area of the metal that is indented, from one filler door screw around to the other door screw.
    In theory, you should be able to remove the filler cap, and slide the housing off the filler tube.