Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where the fuel filter is located on a 2007 nitro sxt?? Ive been googling it and cant seem to find an exact answer.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator and the main fuel filter are combined within the fuel pump module
the fuel filter normaly last the life of the fuel pump.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The fuel pressure regulator and the main fuel filter are combined within the fuel pump module
the fuel filter normaly last the life of the fuel pump.
Hi nitrogen,

I own a CRD 2.8 engine (As stated below in my signature) how often shall I change my fuel filter? I can’t find information on this. I bought the car at approx 50,000 on the clock it’s now approximately 150,000 on the clock I don’t think the filter has been changed since.... could this be my current cause of fuel not getting to my engine?

·
Registered
25 Posts
100k is way too much. And yes, it can cause your problems.
OK i have finally fitted a new after market fuel filter. I have put the car battery on charge to get it 100% before i start cranking the engine. I have also turned the key a few times to allow fuel to fill the fuel lines. is their anything else i might need to know or be aware of 🤨...?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,483 Posts
Hi nitrogen,

I own a CRD 2.8 engine (As stated below in my signature) how often shall I change my fuel filter? I can’t find information on this. I bought the car at approx 50,000 on the clock it’s now approximately 150,000 on the clock I don’t think the filter has been changed since.... could this be my current cause of fuel not getting to my engine?
Just an FYI the engine maintenance schedule for the 2.8 CRD says to change the fuel filter every 40,000 Km or 24 months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts