Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been wondering, my first tank of gas which lasted the first 250 miles i only got 14.7 mpg. it now seems on my second tank that i am getting 16.5 mpg. is there any reason that in the inital break in of 250 miles, the car was getting less mpg? you should be getting more mpg in the first 250 miles since that is when everyone treats the engine nicely!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've noticed with my Dak's at the start mpgs sucked 9 to 11 but as the miles climbed so did the Mpgs till they got right at or a little better than advertised. So hang in there it will get better.:pepper:

·
Registered
415 Posts
most all vehicles when new get worse gas mileage because of the tightness of the new engine

as rings. bearing and other parts seat in and clearances settle the engine becomes more efficient and milage goes up

as us drag racers say (it always runs the best right before it blows up) :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yea i almost choked when i checked the info center. I have no idea why i am getting such bad gas mileage. After logging 40 highway miles today i was up to 13.7. what the hell happened to the 17/21?
But god I love my baby!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yea i almost choked when i checked the info center. I have no idea why i am getting such bad gas mileage. After logging 40 highway miles today i was up to 13.7. what the hell happened to the 17/21?
But god I love my baby!
i have approx 450 miles on my R/T i have not done any highway driving..........all city driving and i am averageing 17.8 MPG with cold michigan weather (hurts milage)
i cant wait to hit the highway and see what happens

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
i have about 500 miles and have real sucky mileage. as bad as 9 MPG. did a lot of highway today and got 13.7 the best. i hope it gets better.
Still love my baby, more and more each day!!!!!!!
wow!!! you must be jumping on the gas after every light!!! Maybe you should try adding X-1R....that stuff is the only additive approved as "Space Technology" by NASA! I put it in my cars and notice a smoother idle and slightly better gas mileage (3-4%). It is expensive though about 15 bucks for a 12oz bottle. later

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.