Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 643 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Well I have had this issue 2-3 times. It seems to be how the nozzle is into the neck of the filler tube. I havent yet figured it out but you are not alone in this issue:shy: . Even though others are not having the issue:Na_Na_Na_Na:

For me it was during the initial part of the fill. I can squeeze anothe buck or two but the overfill happens before the first click off of the pump. I do feel better because now it might not just be me.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
gas everywhere

any1 else when filling up there Nitro have the gas come splashing out everywhere when the tank hits full, my R/T seems when i have filled up has an attitude and spits it back out ay me instead of having the trigger click on the gas poump telling me im close to full.
also ive read posts about what gas to put in your Nitro, the 3.7 is 87 oct or higher but the 4.0 is dealer recommended @ 89, ive used this so far and my Nitro has Balls that seem to keep getting bigger. .
For fathers day wife is going to get me the chrome front clip for bumper, cylinder chrome step rails and chromed gas hinge and door.should make the R/T Black and Chrome really stand out cant wait to posts.

·
Join!Resistance is futile
22,150 Posts
No problem here

never had that happen with the Nitro, I have had cars that you had to be careful with and I have read that you should not try to "top it off" that you should stop at the auto shutoff , too much gas could get some into the the vapor recovery system and cause problems down the road.

·
Registered
643 Posts
any1 else when filling up there Nitro have the gas come splashing out everywhere when the tank hits full, my R/T seems when i have filled up has an attitude and spits it back out ay me instead of having the trigger click on the gas poump telling me im close to full.
also ive read posts about what gas to put in your Nitro, the 3.7 is 87 oct or higher but the 4.0 is dealer recommended @ 89, ive used this so far and my Nitro has Balls that seem to keep getting bigger. .
For fathers day wife is going to get me the chrome front clip for bumper, cylinder chrome step rails and chromed gas hinge and door.should make the R/T Black and Chrome really stand out cant wait to posts.
It's spitting back at you maybe because its still a little baby, when they are full they spit their food back out too.
Nice gifts for fathers day. Enjoy and post some pics when you put it on.

Never had the problem my self.

·
Banned
11,539 Posts
Help with spitting up!

The last three times I have gotten gas Blue spits up! The first time I figured I had the nozzle in wrong, but now the last 3 times I have gone she spews! Today it was a lot more! All over my freshly detailed work!!! :mad:

I was at 1/4 tank and filled up. Put the nozzle in and let it go. When it clicked off and I pulled the nozzle out, so did about a cup's worth of gas! I can understand doing that when you top it off too full but not when it clicks off when it is supposed to!

Help guys! Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?? The first two times it was at the same pump, today was a different pump, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I would be furious, not sure why that would happen, I would think it was the pump, but you used a different one....so that has me :confused:

·
Banned
11,539 Posts
It has been the same gas station so I guess the next logical thing to do is use a different gas station. I am afraid I uttered rather loudly some bad words as this happened!! Then frantically cleaned up Blue!

1 - 20 of 643 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.