Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still going strong with ghost extension on my oxygen sensors to trick it that there's no catalytic converter still going strong no check engine light motor running good getting good gas mileage 21.2 blessings to you

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,250 Posts
4.0L or 3.7L?

·
Registered
2011 Dodge Nitro Heat 3.7L
1,250 Posts
4.0 I wouldn't own a 3.7 they only got a 4-speed transmission and they're junk had one before it was a piece of s***
Sorry to hear that about yours.
Everyone has their own opinion about them🤷‍♂️
Kinda like the EcoDiesel’s.... 50/50 shot with them either being a lemon or being really great. Never heard anyone having horrible problems with them to the point of calling them sh*t.
I do know if the 42RLE is not regularly maintenance (every 30K miles) they will have problems and/or fail

·
Registered
10 Posts
4.0 I wouldn't own a 3.7 they only got a 4-speed transmission and they're junk had one before it was a piece of s***
3.7 here. 2008
This engine is so easy to work on. It shreds the back country on 30's. I have had it almost under water... sucked a bit of water.. upgraded to a damn and a Cold air intake. (thank satan for sea foam) Still going strong at 268k.
I got this truck for 3500.00 a year ago.

A fella is selling a 4.0 near me. Its a 2011, SLT also... but 2011 was not the Nitro's ample year...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts