Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and this is my first post! To start off my first car was a 1999 firebird that was so rotted the axle ripped out of the uni-body.
IMG_1293.jpg

:( So when it came to looking for a new car i went to my uncle he rebuilds salvage vehicles so after searching for awhile i ended up buying a 2011 Nitro Heat 4x4 20in wheels and premium sound with only 36k miles. The car was wrecked down the side it ended up needing 2 doors a fender and a strut and it was good as new. I bought it from an action website that sells salvage vehicles and my uncle put it together for me. I spent 10,000 and that was after i left some room for my uncle to make some profit. This car in its condition would blue book for almost 19-20k so i got a steal.
15463695_1X.jpg
15463695_AX.jpg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
after some body work!
IMG_1136.JPG

wrong side but oh well its all done! on the shores of buffalo NY (Go Bills!!)
IMG_1201.JPG

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Hi Korey, well done bringing the Nitro back to life, looks as good as new.

in France only licenced repair garages can buy accident damage vehicles, the vehicles paperwork is kept by the registry office, once the vehicle is repaired it then has to go for an inspection, if everything is OK the paperwork is returned for the vehicle sale.

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,513 Posts
Welcome to the forum Korey! Nice way to save a Nitro. Enjoy!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies! my uncle is a licensed repair shop in new york but since i live in indiana our cars dont have have to go through inspection really. A cop will come "visually" inspect it and if it looks good he signs off on a salvage title.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,201 Posts
Welcome to the forum Korey.

When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Looks like your uncle did a nice job.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He does great work and saved me a ton of money! cant wait to start modifying i cant leave anything stock haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts