Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Snapped a few pictures before going to work. I didn't use a harness. I tapped directly into the factory wiring. Everything's working great! :D
Looks great! I seen the Clarion MAX675VD just today. The shop where I got my grille installed, had quite a few staring me in my face telling me to buy buy buy! Lol. I wish it had bluetooth built into it!!!!! I asked the installer how much installed, he said $2500.00:SHOCKED:. (Damn street shops!) They sell for $1300.00 if I'm not mistaken. I'm MAY get one of these. How much did you pay for the unit with installation? One thing about my quote, the installer said the $2500.00 was because of the "separate" HDD (Hard Disk Drive). True or False?? Where did you get your double din kit??

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Very nice deck. Good job. For me I would take that install another step further and fabricate a customer bezel getting rid of the black inserts on each side of the headunit. Check out mp3car.com in the fabrication forum and you'll see many examples of what I'm talking.

But again, great job and thanks for putting up pics!! :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ive been looking into a stereo replacement really nice to see photo's. Looks great! I dont think those side panels would stand out so much for us sxt owners either. My only complaint would be that you didnt add the bluetooth adapter ot the nav HDD. Are they difficult to install later on down the road?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ive been looking into a stereo replacement really nice to see photo's. Looks great! I dont think those side panels would stand out so much for us sxt owners either. My only complaint would be that you didnt add the bluetooth adapter ot the nav HDD. Are they difficult to install later on down the road?
The radio DKnitro has, doesn't support a bluetooth adapter. The VRX775VD (see his link), which is a flip out unit does. The HDD can be added later on to both.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone. :) I do plan on painting the sides to match the rest of the center console.

This unit doesn't support bluetooth, which isn't a big deal for me. The NAV unit is very easy to add later. I will add that down the road.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn't use a harness. There isn't one available yet. I spliced into the factory wiring. There's a sticky in this topic for the wiring of the stock head unit.

I plan on painting the sides after I buy everything and install it. No sense in painting them then scratching them up. lol

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I just had a shop install my Clarion with the Navigation system and they had some issues with the faceplate not properly clearing the silver dash bezel. The unit would open but would not close correctly and would stop in the 30 or so degree angle. The navigation system does not work currently and I believe it is because the speed sensor wire is not hooked up because we did not know which one it is. So just an FYI, this Nav system does not work without that sensor wire hooked up so if someone knows which wire it is, Im sure allot of people would be very grateful to know. Also, this unit really lacks on the flexibility to finely tune your system so if you buy one, do yourself a favor and get the 5.1 decoder and you will be much happier.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
659 Posts
Ok fellas... after some exhausting undercar scrambling today... and poking and prodding both my nitro and the net... I found this and ordered it in order to tap into the VSS (Vehicle Speed sensor) wire for my Clarion nav system on the canbus. I hope this helps the rest of you guys out... Basically the first integration harness for the Nitro...

The model number of this harness is: CHTO-03

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product.php?productid=9868

-Lil'

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Thanks LIL'

Keep us posted on your progress and how this works out for you. I am doing some investigation work on my end also and will keep you all updated. That unit is not real clear on weather or not it will work for the vss signal or not. It says "Some" units in the description. Thanks for the help

John

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.