Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just got my Inferno Red Nitro and Love it!!! I had a great buying experiance...until I got home. I realized that my sales person and the manager had been incorrect about it having bluetooth capability...I called today to tell them this and they said I do have it and I just don't know how to use it. Needless to say, I actually read the manual and it said there is a special rear view mirror that would be there if I had Bluetooth...argghhh.

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Congrats on the Purchase! If you have UConnect factory installed you will have a special rearview mirror with integreated buttons and microphone. The manual goes thru in good detail on how to use this. Welcome to the forum!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!! I will post pix as soon as I can. If I have the bluetooth symbol and the phone symbol can I just buy the mirror from mopar or somewhere else?

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
No, all the headunits ahve the logo, the UConnect rearview mirror is FACTORY installed only..If you dont have it, you can get UConnect installed from dealer however its not exactly the same system and the dealer installed version places a couple buttons somewhere in your dash instead

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bummer, oh well...why do they put in the stereo that has those buttons if you can never use them? Seems kinda shifty. I was reading that the handling was bad on edmunds, but I don't think so, and the 3.7 210 has some gitty-up!

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
To get you to add the features down the road :) Plus its cheaper then make two sets of very similar parts..Nope, I am quite impressed with the handling on the Nitro..and yep it defintely does..

·
Registered
85 Posts
The Nitro

I found that I had to be very careful when making my purchase because the vehicle is so new that the salespeople are not quite up to date with what is on every vehicle and what is not.

Ohhhh ... but you will love the ride and the style anyways!!!! If you REALLY find that you need all the extras then you can add them later!!!

At least you will have something to look forward to!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Welcome and enjoy. post some pics and tell us everything about your new Nitro.

I echo drvette ..... sales people are not always up to speed on options on a new vehicle...just make sure you didnt pay for an option you dont have:eek:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Bummer, oh well...why do they put in the stereo that has those buttons if you can never use them? Seems kinda shifty. I was reading that the handling was bad on edmunds, but I don't think so, and the 3.7 210 has some gitty-up!
The 3.7 is more at home in the Nitro than some of the other vehicles DCX put it in. I also thought both the performance and handling was nice on the SLT 4x4 I test drove the other day. I'm not sure that the reviewers expectations match mine as I've not been impressed with many vehicles they seem to love.

I am still waiting to try the 4.0 before I buy as I tow trailers quite a bit.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Welcome, Im sure you'll like the site as I have!

I also had some issues with the sales persons when looking for my Nitro. I had visited 3 dealerships and at each one I was told the same thing, that "ALL" Nitro's included U-Connect and Sirius. When I would ask them to demonstrate they would all make excuses. :confused:

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
The 3.7 is more at home in the Nitro than some of the other vehicles DCX put it in. I also thought both the performance and handling was nice on the SLT 4x4 I test drove the other day. I'm not sure that the reviewers expectations match mine as I've not been impressed with many vehicles they seem to love.

I am still waiting to try the 4.0 before I buy as I tow trailers quite a bit.
The problem with Edmunds is they tend to compare things like handling across the board and not factor in things like ride quality and price. Of course a Nitro isn't going to have sports car handling but I've owned 3 Explorers & 1 GMC Envoy and the Nitro outhandles them all, has better ride comfort than the bigger Explorers, and as good ride comfort as the Envoy which had air ride suspension. Bottom line... the stiffer it is the better it corners but the rougher it is in a straight line. The Nitro... best of both worlds to me from a stock prospective.:Racing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.