Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking around under the front of "Guzzle" the other day after installing my factory step rails (they don't stick out enough in my opinion -- needs about 1.5 - 2 inches more to be effective) and I could not readily locate a good place in which to install anything on the front. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.:wave:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Grill Guard

Thanks Wedge775. Some of our members are looking for something like this. It says it comes in black and stainless. Kind of expensive...but could be just the thing for some. We could also still use a decent Baja model. Sorry, no photo specific for Nitro.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
One to watch...

AutoTruckToys Launches Dodge Nitro Accessories Superstore
[Paris, Tennessee, 14 Mar 2007] - Leave it to AutoTruckToys to be one of the first to bring you a Dodge Nitro Accessories depot! The Dodge Nitro is quite new and we are working hard everyday to get you all we can to spruce up your new Dodge Nitro...be on the lookout, many more stores coming soon!
The Romik 3" Bull Bar w/Skid Plate at AutoTruckToys looks sweet. Spendy, but sweet.

·
Registered
256 Posts
One to watch...

The Romik 3" Bull Bar w/Skid Plate at AutoTruckToys looks sweet. Spendy, but sweet.

Being up in "Cattle Country" which is all open range as well as lots of deer, elk, antelope running accross our highways I will definately be adding one of these units to mine. We had one of our work trucks hit a deer just the other day and it's grille guard prevented lots of damage as well as any injury to the crew or patient.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
One to watch...

Called the toy store today. This grill guard does not have any provisions for mounting any lights. It is just decorative. This kind of bummed me out as it is the only bull bar out for the Nitro at present. I don't want the full grill guard.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My stainless steel grill/brush guard has FINALLY arived. I ordered it in mid Oct from Steelcraft in Corona Ca. & it FINALLY got here. I will probably install it next week & try to fiqure out how to post pics. I dont know if I want to recommend that company or not, you need A LOT OF PATIENCE! In that time I have also installed some Graphics, a license plate frame you can put your own phrases on, a Hitchsafe you can hide a key etc in & it is locked into your hitch receiver. And I receved my vanity plates that say GLYSRIN, as in Nitro Glycerine. I will try to post the pics next week.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
My stainless steel grill/brush guard has FINALLY arived. I ordered it in mid Oct from Steelcraft in Corona Ca. & it FINALLY got here. I will probably install it next week & try to fiqure out how to post pics. I dont know if I want to recommend that company or not, you need A LOT OF PATIENCE! In that time I have also installed some Graphics, a license plate frame you can put your own phrases on, a Hitchsafe you can hide a key etc in & it is locked into your hitch receiver. And I receved my vanity plates that say GLYSRIN, as in Nitro Glycerine. I will try to post the pics next week.
Can't wait for the pics...:smileup:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I will be installing the full grill/brush guard tomorrow. Dont know if I'll complete it tomorrow or not, I'll lhave to see how things go. I'll try to post some pics asap if I can fiqure out how to do that. Not real pc literate. Im an old geezer from the old school.

·
Registered
369 Posts
grill/brush guard installed

I have had the full grill/brush guard (stainless) on for 6 days now but cant keep the truck clean enough to take pics for you. We have had snow, snow, snow! I really like it, some of you may not, since it really changes the whole appearance of the front of the truck. My opinion it makes it look strong & tough. I picked up some auxillary driving lites today for the holes supplied in the guard. They are rather small round sort of bullet shaped in a chrome case. I didnt want lites too large or overwhelming to take away from the appearance of the grill/brush guard. They are not real powerful, just 50 watts each but will help the lighting power. I would like to change the headlites to Halogen, but havent kept up on you guys discussion about them. Are they available? Where at, & what part number? I will try to get the driving lites on next week & I promise I will try to take some pics as soon as possible. Mods so far: Stainless Griill Brush Guard, Lightning pulse side graphics, Hitch Safe Hide a key etc. Add your own phrase license plate frame, License plates say "GLYSRIN" as in Nitro Glycerine, and a Garmin Nuvi 200w GPS. Now it needs a car wash!!!!

·
Join!Resistance is futile
22,141 Posts
Got a llittle more snow last nite & more predicted thru the week. I may have to take the pics AT the car wash. Then fiqure out how to post them .
There is a link to a how to by Waldorf in my sig about picture uploads ;)

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.