Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy backs in to my truck while I was at my buddy's place.
He hit it pretty hard.....moved it over about 1 1/2'.
He did about $2500 worth of damage.:nunu:

Cheers Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the snow was no problem, the turkey just didn't look behing him...is this where I start dissing Ford's?

He stuck around and his insurance is going to cover it, but wow...only 7 weeks old!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
No, the snow was no problem, the turkey just didn't look behing him...is this where I start dissing Ford's?

He stuck around and his insurance is going to cover it, but wow...only 7 weeks old!
I would blame the ford. I used to have a F150 and I backed into someone else's back end. The funny thing was...it was snowing! Hope you get your Nitro fixed soon!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I feel your pain... I had my 2007 Tahoe backed into and it was only 5 days old! We went to the mall, we come out and there it is a banged up bumper,broken tail light and of course the idiot didn't stay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wow, if that happened to me I think I would have to kill the guy that did it!! I am so careful with my baby, I park far away when I go into a store or at work. I know accidents happen but that is exactly what I would tell the cop who asks me why there was a body laying next to my car.............IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!! LOL Sorry to hear about your baby, that really sucks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea...The idiots only response was " I was in a hurry".

The area was a little too built up to hide a body, but crap...how am I going to live down being hit by a Ford Escape!

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I was a kid and got into a fight my dad would make me bring him to the other kids house to make sure that he had more bruises and cuts than I did. So you can only live it down if the Ford Escape had more damage......LOL

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I want to know how long of a run did he have at you to be able to push you 1.5' in an escape?

But I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you get it fixed soon.

I have a buddy here at work that bought a Nitro a week after seeing mine. He had it for a day and a half and flipped it. Totalled it. Heartbreaking!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I want to know how long of a run did he have at you to be able to push you 1.5' in an escape?

But I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope you get it fixed soon.

I have a buddy here at work that bought a Nitro a week after seeing mine. He had it for a day and a half and flipped it. Totalled it. Heartbreaking!
How on earth did he manage to do that?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
How on earth did he manage to do that?
Well he went to his home town (Superior) to show it off, had a few congratulatory drinks with his friends and then ran off the road.

I spend a lot of time on this site, and looking at pics of other Nitros, and have a catalog and my Nitro posted at my desk and seeing this just tears him up. He is constantly kicking himself in the pants because of that.

But the good news is he isn't drinking anymore.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well he went to his home town (Superior) to show it off, had a few congratulatory drinks with his friends and then ran off the road.

I spend a lot of time on this site, and looking at pics of other Nitros, and have a catalog and my Nitro posted at my desk and seeing this just tears him up. He is constantly kicking himself in the pants because of that.

But the good news is he isn't drinking anymore.
Wow. Well, at least something good came out of the whole thing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hit pretty hard

The guy was cutting too fast thru a town house development hoping to get back to a main road.

He passed me then immediately started to back up when he saw it was a dead end. Hit me at aboiut 10-15 miles per right in the qarter panel then pushed up under the bumper. he cpouldn't have looked back at all!
Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ouch....that looks worse than mine!

I have not had mine fixed yet. I was waiting toi make sure the insurance company declared it was 100% the other guys fault.

It was a matter of principle that I did this not only for financial reasons. Insurance up here tends to split blame when the damage occurs on private property unless one party is totally at fault. The damage told the story and I had to wait till the adjuster saw it and confirmed I was stopped when hit.
Paul

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.