Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around and wondering about changing the colors of the gauges, radio buttons, etc. Its looking like most have white LEDs shining through a colored panel. I have an f150 I changed everything to red by removing the green color on the back and putting in red LEDs. thinking about trying to remove the blue/green and recolor it. I dont feel comfortable soldering new LEDs in. Just wondering if this has ever been attempted. Might be a slow winter project, like i need anymore lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice. Thank you. I've done searches but not came across these posts. My PRND lights dont even light up beside the shifter so I have an excuse to get in there for those lol

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
Just a word of caution or 2.
1. Always disconnect the Neg battery cable and wait 10 minutes before working on the Nitro!
2. If you mess up the cluster, only a Dodge dealer can replace it. FYI Not cheap.
With that said...
Good luck, and Pics or it didn't happen! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Why only dodge dealer? My CRD has petrol cluster without problems. No programming was needed, just plug n play

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
Why only dodge dealer? My CRD has petrol cluster without problems. No programming was needed, just plug n play
ODO and VIN mismatch.
Not sure how or why it works for you. But glad it did.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
personaly i would not change the LED's because it's very hard to do and takes a lot of time,
the easy options are to cover each LED with some blue window tint film or paint each LED with some blue glass paint

·
Registered
176 Posts
Odo will always mismatch, even dealer with witech or CDA cannot correct it. VIN will rewrite itself. Personally I would not open cluster, those LEDs are super small and have dimmer function + when removing needles it is big possibility to damage stepper motors.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,740 Posts
I had to have my cluster replaced by a dealer, do to a programing error with updating my HVAC controls. The new HVAC controls could not talk to the cluster or the radio, so both stopped working. Go figure that one! :confused:
Anyway, the work was being done under warranty because my A/C was not cold, not for a problem I caused.

The dealer submitted my mileage to Dodge corp and when the new cluster arrived, it matched exactly what I had.

I used tape to cover the "high beam" indicator light because it was so bright it made it hard to see the road at night.

@Nitrogen
I like the paint idea. Wonder how long it would last...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've been looking around and wondering about changing the colors of the gauges, radio buttons, etc. Its looking like most have white LEDs shining through a colored panel. I have an f150 I changed everything to red by removing the green color on the back and putting in red LEDs. thinking about trying to remove the blue/green and recolor it. I dont feel comfortable soldering new LEDs in. Just wondering if this has ever been attempted. Might be a slow winter project, like i need anymore lol.
I changed all the interior lights to indigo blue, but haven't changed any others yet. The bulbs to change my floor , top lights ran about 16.00 u.s. dollars, (each xs 5) and was well worth it..all led blue. I would love to change the instrument panel, and get aftermarket stereo that has those features.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts