Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is 302mm Rotors and 332mm Rotors know as HD Brakes for Nitro and Liberty. Anyone know if the Calipers are the same on the Standard Brakes as the HD Brakes ? If not what is the difference ?

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
The caliper assy, caliper adapter, pin kit, pads, and rotors are all different.
Difference; Each is made to fit the size rotor used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they cannot be adapted to a Nitro with standard brakes? I am asking this because i am going to make 6 piston caliper adapters but before i go through the trouble i want to make sure there is not a simple solution.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,827 Posts
Yes they can bolt in, if you buy all the parts needed.
These are only for the front, not the rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a Mopar Parts Kit for Heavy Duty Brakes for Export only. They were for Military Vehicles that fit Liberty and Nitro. Im trying to see if they are still available somewhere. Maybe someone on here has a good connection. Price in 2014 was total $630.04.

68044865AA Adapter (Qty 2)
68049018AA Pin-Disc (Qty 2)
68040177AA Rotor (Qty 2)
68044862AA Caliper (Qty 1)
68044863AA Caliper (Qty 1)
68044866AC Pad Kit (Qty 1)
68091278AC Master Cylinder (Qty 1)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont see what centers the rotors, seems there is a space all the way around the lug bolts. Does it finally center after it is torqued down ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried buying from two local stores and all i got was larger rotors but standard calipers. That is all they show for HD brakes. So i ordered the HD brake kit from Mopar dealer to see what i get. With a larger rotor you need a longer caliper bracket or a completely different caliper. I hope the kit has two piston caliper but time will tell. And hopfully it does not require a different knuckle but i doubt it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts