Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The high beams seem good for me..You can always upgrade to a Sylvania silverstar - they are known to be some of the better bulbs you can buy...probably expect to pay $40-50 for a set

Maybe its just me...I also have a 05 F-150..and the low beams are brighter than the Nitro high beams.

I think I might try the silverstars...thanks

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Another mod I am going to look in is to rewiring the headlights...when the highbeams turn on the foglamps (and maybe headlamps?) turn off..Going to tr and figure out how to rewire it so they all will stay on :)

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hey Will.........I think most of your driving must be in town. Have you been out in the country at night.?? There is another thread on headlights I started I think. There are some issues with the high beam. Now so far as rewiring.........Most states do now allow the fog lights to be on when you lights are on bright. May want to check Texas and Florida.........David

By the way.........when do I get some rep points???????

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
How does the Nitro handle in the city in terms of its smaller size, parking, etc. Can you compare this to a larger SUV???
I use to drive a Silverado Extended cab which was bigger in alost every aspect..The Nitro has been a joy to drive, park, handling everything..I love it for knocking around town and longer runs..

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I use to drive a Silverado Extended cab which was bigger in alost every aspect..The Nitro has been a joy to drive, park, handling everything..I love it for knocking around town and longer runs..
Good to know. Besides the Nitro's look its managable size def appeals to me. I have an SUV in the city and it can be a bit of pain (having Silverado Extended cab in the city is crazy that truck is huge!! but it's also sweet). My problem is I don't really care for sedans so maybe a mid-size SUV is the answer:cool:!

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
What city do you drive in your Nitro in? H-Town? My parents moved to Dallas and when I visit them I noticed it's so much easier to drive in Southern cities (though every big city presents a challenge). I have most of my city driving experience in Boston and DC and these two cities definitely provide a challenge.

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
I hear there is tons of traffic in Houston. With that aside I definitely want to check it out at somepoint beause isn't like the 4th biggest city in the US? I just moved to DC and one thing I am excited about is the car's exposer to extreme cold will be minimal. Super cold weather and all the salt that they put on the roads up North during this winter really takes a toll on your car! Is driving to Orlando from H-Town going to be furthest you have taken your NItro?

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Yep, much traffic here - the highways are all under major construction too so that doesnt help. Its either the 3rd or 4th - it keeps growing so its hard to say..The drive to Orlando will be the furthest nonstop drive Ive taken my Nitro and Im looking forward to it :)

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Well if you can remember to post a thread about your drive from H-town to O-town telling us how your Nitro handles that would be great. How long of a drive is it? I'm guessing around 6 or 8 hrs...but it might be way more that.

Also I read an article recently predicting that Houston suburbs and Dallas suburbs are going to grow into each other in 2020(I think that was the date?). Kinda crazy almost making 'em one giant city....

·
NITROHOLIC™
1,794 Posts
Yea ill defintely post a review and pics along the way! 6-8 hours..haha..thats not even half way - its about 1000 miels to orlando and a good ~16 hour drive..but Im going to my parents in Atlanta first for a month - its about the same distance though..

If Dallas and Houston merged itd have to be a lot longer then 13 years..its a good 4 hour drive to Dallas and there is NOTHING between here and there..

·
Dodge Nitro Forum
12,771 Posts
Ok I was wrong about the trip time to O-Town (16 hours I think that is about same as Dallas to DC if I remember correctly)

Sounds like my Date of 2020 is alittle premature as well. Now that you mention the "nothing" ouside of Dallas/Houston, I remember driving outside of the Big D and being slightly shocked that it went from nice suburbs to absolutely nothing. Literally the only evidence of civilization were liquor stores and Dairy Queens :rolleyes:

Def post a thread telling how your Nitro handles on your journey to O-town (for someone such as myself who is on the edge of buying a Nitro..probably an R/T.... the more "real' customer feed back I get the better!) Also it would be cool to post pics/update during trip! Good Luck (if I don't talk to you before hand) :wave:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.