Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Noob Nitro owner here. Have a 2010 Heat 3.7. Are there any headers available for us? What keeps the JBA from fitting newer than '09?
Professional wrencher for over 11 years, but new to the 3.7 world.
Thanks.

P.S. Searched the crap out of it first.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody? I'm going to upgrade to Dynomax 39475 and build a CAI before installing a 4.7 TB. If headers are available for the 2010, would like to ad them to the mix.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,142 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Sliver79. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

Sorry I have been busy with all the fires here in the PNW...
As far as I know nothing mechanically has changed in the 3.7 from 07-11 years.
We do have one member here who installed JBA headers back in 07-08. I was not aware that any were still available.

Reactions: Nitrogen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problems. I'm just excited that I have something that can be mildly upgraded without a transplant. Jegs shows them (578-1930S-2JS) $652. bumpersuperstore.com lists titanium and silver, but the photo looks nothing like the one from Jegs. I haven't inspected my stock cat pipes to see if they are flat, or flared. Plus I'm working on prioritizing what I want done when. My other project (96 sebring 2.5 convertible retro in a 3.8 mitu mivec) is on the back burner for now. I know the Nitro wasn't the most popular, but its my "midlife crisis" now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello all. Noob Nitro owner here. Have a 2010 Heat 3.7. Are there any headers available for us? What keeps the JBA from fitting newer than '09?
Professional wrencher for over 11 years, but new to the 3.7 world.
Thanks.

P.S. Searched the crap out of it first.
I do not see any reason why the headers would not fit a 2010 if they fit a 2007 Nitro. They just replace the manifolds. I just looked at Jegs and right now they show them for $379 JBA 1930S: Shorty Headers 2005-2009 Jeep Liberty 3.7L | JEGS

Also instead of building a CAI I have a MOPAR cold air intake for the 3.7L that I would sell you. This is what is looks like Genuine Mopar Cold Air Intake - 77060080 | Mopar Genuine Parts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer. My CAI is an airaid tube kit (part # 100-300). Leftovers from my Sebring JXi CAI build. Standard cone filter & heat shield. Works well with the 4.7 TB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts