Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights aren't working and neither is my heated seats I checked the heated seat fuses and they are fine but I can't find the headlight fuse does anyone know where it might be located and how to change it?

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Hi Skieskiee and welcome,
the headlights a controled by the TIPM (computerised fuse box), there are no fuses for the headlights, if the computer senses a fault it simply switches the headlight circuit off (for safty reasons), its most likely not the TIPM, the most common isssues are:
corroded ground lead under the battery tray on the inner chassis leg ( you have to remove the battery to gain access),
incorrect type of of bulb (led type bulb, wrong wattage bulb,
electrical connector on the back of the bulb could be loose, burnt or corroded, a few members have found this to be the issue,
or could be the multifuction switch (headlight switch) has gone bad
first thing to try is a vehicle computer reset: disconnect the NEGative battery lead for 10 minutes then reconnect,
hope this is of some help,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Skieskiee and welcome,
the headlights a controled by the TIPM (computerised fuse box), there are no fuses for the headlights, if the computer senses a fault it simply switches the headlight circuit off (for safty reasons), its most likely not the TIPM, the most common isssues are:
corroded ground lead under the battery tray on the inner chassis leg ( you have to remove the battery to gain access),
incorrect type of of bulb (led type bulb, wrong wattage bulb,
electrical connector on the back of the bulb could be loose, burnt or corroded, a few members have found this to be the issue,
or could be the multifuction switch (headlight switch) has gone bad
first thing to try is a vehicle computer reset: disconnect the NEGative battery lead for 10 minutes then reconnect,
hope this is of some help,
Could be the headlight connector as 1 issue.
Connectors burn out. Try these off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCX9KN3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts