Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my girlfriend has a 2008 Dodge Nitro 3.7 she did not have any heat, after flushing the old heater core several times testing to see if the actuator doors were working and replacing the water pump and thermostat I replaced the heater core. I made a video after I performed the job I wish i made it during but it took me a bout 9 hours to replace it working non stop and there was also some very frustrating times so I made a video afterwards of pretty much what you will need to know to do the job. Check out my video

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Great Vid! Glad to see you disconnected the battery first!:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
It sounds like my problem. But what is in the heater core to stop it up? I flushed and have never got any contaminants out of it so it's hard for me to believe that there's something in it. What did hers look like after you got it out of the car Yigor?

·
Registered
576 Posts
It sounds like my problem. But what is in the heater core to stop it up? I flushed and have never got any contaminants out of it so it's hard for me to believe that there's something in it. What did hers look like after you got it out of the car Yigor?
I never have gotten anything 'big' to flush out. Just some sandy looking stuff. But, it's obviously big enough to block venting.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did this 2 years ago. Except my Evap core was leaking freon into truck. So I change the heater core at the same time. I would recommend doing both at the same time. Only want to do this job once. I ended up removing the steering assy. out of truck. Plus I bag all bolts an noted with black marker where they came from.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, new to this group looking for some info for my 2007 Dodge nitro. The video was great and helped me a great deal. I've done all that you have shown, I have the front seat out and the steering wheel loose. Dash board is loose but just refuses to come out. it has a lot of movement but has one spot that feels like it is still attached. I cant feel the tension on the spot because it is behind the speedometer cluster. Cluster is out so but I don't see any bolts I can loosen. Doers anyone know of any bolts there or clips. if it is a clip do I just need to pull harder? I see a nut on a bolt but in the engine compartment. but that wasn't part of the video. So, if anybody has any helpful information it would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
29,722 Posts
Welcome to the forum PeteMtz. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

I think you see the one I was thinking about in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys my girlfriend has a 2008 Dodge Nitro 3.7 she did not have any heat, after flushing the old heater core several times testing to see if the actuator doors were working and replacing the water pump and thermostat I replaced the heater core. I made a video after I performed the job I wish i made it during but it took me a bout 9 hours to replace it working non stop and there was also some very frustrating times so I made a video afterwards of pretty much what you will need to know to do the job. Check out my video
Thank You That is one of the best videos I have seen in a long time. I have a 2007 that started leaking today and I wasn't sure about doing this myself but I am now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts