Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'd appreciate anyone's advice on this?

Before I had this repair the mechanic wrote "Vehicle Report: engine rear main oil seal leaking". I've just had the heating system replaced and repaired: front end pulled off and air conditioning gas de-gassed. When I picked up the car I was told the engine needed to be pulled out and leaking seals replaced. Does the car need the front end pulled off again and the gas de-gassed? And, could these two jobs have been done at the same time to save on labour costs?

Was it more important to repair the leaking oil seal, than the heater core?

I'm on minimal income (carer for a disabled child) and I am feeling really stressed and anxious over whether I am paying for labour costs twice. And, this is our only transport, so I need to keep the car running as well as I can afford.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,538 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Joss. When you have a chance, head over to the Newbie Section (<click this) and say "Hi".
Tell us a little about yourself and your ride.
That way we can welcome you all proper like.

We need to know what vehicle we are talking about. 3.7L, 4.0L, or 2.8L CRD?

BTW;
If you could please go to your signature (<click this) and put the info about your rig on the first line. It will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see under every post I make;
This is what I drive:
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts