Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I bought my Nitro SLT 4X4 on January 2nd. Happy new year to me! I named her Big Bertha. She has an older 2003 Dodge Caravan sister named Betsey. I love Bertha but she is having a mechanical issue. She stalls when I make a hard turn to the left. Not all the time but enough that it annoys me. Right now she has a copilot on until hoping to catch the problem. Other than that she is alot of fun to drive!!! Anybody else having the same problem?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Sorry to hear about the stalling problems your vehicle is experiencing. Sounds like your dealer is doing a good job trying to take care of your problem. Hopefully the co-pilot can capture exactly why your Nitro is stalling. Let us know what they find. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure will. Hopefully I will duplicate it soon so they can tell me. I have to say the guys there have been great. Friday was a busy day for me. They drove my Nitro to me and dropped it at my work. They brought it back washed!!! It had salt all over it. Took the rent a car back for me too. Thanks to Brent and Herb!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome! I'll tell you right now, that duplicating the "right/left turn stall" is going to be difficult. The problem is an intermittent one, and when "Bertha" goes for service, it's more than likely the tech won't be able to duplicate it. My "Beast" stalled on me the 4 days after purchase while making a right turn, took it in, they couldn't duplicate the problem, but it hasn't happened since then *fingers crossed*. My Caliber did the same thing when I had that vehicle, but they couldn't duplicate that problem either *must be a "Dodge" thing*. But I hope they get Bertha on track, the Nitro is one cool SUV!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.