Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Loove my New Nitro, But I have a loud whine when i steer once she is warmed up (its ok cold!) I suspect the steering pump, is the fluid by the brake fluid as that looks full and its the only thing i can find with obvious fluid which could be steering in! does anyone know what the part number is for the 08 plate crd pas pump and is it the same as any other vehicle as nitro bits seem to be very rare!
Heater not hot at all, I have read it could be the blend door and seen pics of it on a lhd car but this rhd one must be different I cant see it anywhere. is it on the left or right??

Also coolant is confusing, is Pink glycol ok? it says not to use propylene glycol in the handbook but is Ethylene glycol based Antifreeze, incorporating the latest in Organic Acid Technology (OAT) with winter protection upto -36 C ok? as that seems to be about all you get here in the uk!

And,, on the diesel the coolant header tank is confusing me,,, the left side of it is empty, and the right side with the filler on it has a minimum mark but No maximum! how far do you fill it and how do you get coolant into the other side?? I'm thinking my level is low but it's above Min cold, could I have an air lock? I can't find any bleed screws etc I'm worried about over filling and blowing off a pipe,

any help would be great, is there a good place for parts here in the uk, I have watched a few videos of crd jeeps doing cambelts etc but none of the engines look the same with the oil filter at the top, this engine is called a dohc but looking at the belt cover it does not seem to be shaped like 2 cams are in there!! is there any info on this diesel engine in the 08 nitro like pics etc as google shows hardly anything

I look forward to responses and being part of this forum, is there a page for uk owners or meetings etc??

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Hello and welcome uknitroman,
to the Nitro “Z” family!
Sorry about all the issues. To many to address here in one thread. You should break them down into individual threads in the appropriate sections of the form.
Then we can address each one as an individual problem concentrating on each one as we go.
I'm looking forward to your future posts & Pics. We love Pics here!
We also like new Mod ideas.

Enjoy the forumZ.
Scar

BTW;
If you could please go to your personal-details and fill in the “Vehicle:” info about your rig, then it will be easier for us to answer your questions down the road, without us having to ask a bunch of questions.

As you can see at the left of every post I make;
This is what I drive:
Vehicle: 07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,516 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here. Enjoy!

BTW... Post a pic of your Nitro when you can. :cool:

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Hi uknitroman and Welcome, great looking Nitro you have there.

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
30,207 Posts
Great looking ride!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, i am unsure of my colour but I assume it's inferno red? the wheels are pretty cool 10 spoke with 255 50 20 tyres on!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi yes I found them on ebay but they dont like answering me!
is there anywhere that does New parts in the uk? Its always a lottery with second hand bits, especially things like steering pumps, you can spend a day fitting a part that turns out to be worse than the part you took off!!!
cheers mate
Wotcha mate :cool:

They're about 300 miles away from you (they will ship most items), but ACD in Lancs are a good source of spare parts and they always have a couple of Nitros in the yard http://www.chryslerbreakers.co.uk/

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Yep Fiat now own Dodge, and they are now dealing with parts and service. However i went to Fiat in France and they didn't have a clue about anything on the Nitro.

Reactions: Scar0

·
I work so I can... SQUIRREL!
2,516 Posts
That's because its FIAT (Fix It Again Tony). :rolleyes:

Reactions: NitroRich and Deen
1 - 14 of 14 Posts