1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure glad to be here...
I'm going on one year owning a Nitro and
I have alot of questions regarding the heater core on this 09 dodge nitro se
1. What can cause the windows to fog up if there's heat coming from the passenger side vents but lukewarm flow from the driver side?
2. whats an updated price to replace a heater core if needed?
3. Will a rad flush fix this?
4. What did I buy into?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i checked that, kind of slow switching. Now i found that the carpet on the passenger side is soaked... Checking for leaks now. I have a feeling this is going to be very expensive fix.

·
Registered
2007 R/T
475 Posts
heater core failures are kinda rare I think.

How many miles on the rig? How often do you flush the rad? And did you use mopar-approved coolant if you have?

Possible windows are fogging up due to the condensation in the cabin from the soaked carpets.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no sunroof, but the ac condensation tube sounds like something i can look into. It had one rad flush when I had bought the Nitro, i have an appointment on monday to do an inspection. We'll see how things stand after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i brought the Nitro in for a coolant leak test and it was what my wallet feared the most... Heater core needs to be replaced (1400.00 bucks). I can see why the previous owner sold it, first clue when i bought the vehicle during fall time and was the windows fogging up so the dealership did a rad flush (temporary fix) plus I did the whole front end suspension. Second clue was all the air fresheners stuffed under the seats probably to take care of the moldy smell caused by the leak. I knew what i was up against, but you know what? I'm not giving up on my Nitro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts