Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bearing in the pulley for the A/C compressor clutch is shot and will most definitely seize up if I were to drive it to work. So it’s been sitting out of fear of being stranded on the side of a busy 8 lane freeway with 5 kids. Trying to find the easiest, cheapest, and quickest fix to get my ride up & going again... at least till after I file & get my taxes back then I will put my nitro in the shop and fork over the 400-700 dollars. It’s the middle of January so I obviously don’t NEED air conditioning Does anyone know if there is a bypass pulley for the a/c clutch?.... 2010 Nitro SXT 3.7l. Or any other suggestions that won’t cost an arm and a leg will be much appreciated also! TIA

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,301 Posts
We had another member do just this as a get by. A/C compressor was left in place tho. and the route a little different then in the Vid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We had another member do just this as a get by. A/C compressor was left in place tho. and the route a little different then in the Vid.
I actually had looked this up on here a few times, most recently before I posted my plea for help. Bypassing the A/C pulley with a shorter belt doesn’t work for a 2010. The diagram doesn’t match and the belt lengths are way off btw. After many belts bought and returned, I finally had one that was the right length with no slack but sadly to my dismay, the belt comes in contact with itself in a spot, and it’s the only way it can be looped time where it comes in contact with the other pulleys to have them work. And that’s where I am now, and have been for over a week now. Nitro sitting with the supposed bypass belt on because it was too much of a let down after having so many issues finding the right sized belt to even bother doing anything more than just shaking my head, closing my hood and walking away. I’m about to shell out a few hundred dollars today or tomorrow to order a whole new compressor but I’m desperately still seeking alternatives like a bypass pulley but I’m not having any luck on finding out if there is one that would work for my 2010 nitro sxt 3.7l. Any info on that would be greatly appreciated and welcomed!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
as far as i am aware all Nitro 3.7 engine layouts are the same from 2007 - 2011 !!!!!!
could you please post a pic of your pulley layout ?.

Reactions: Scar0

·
Khaki Nitro Nut
07Lifted,4X4,6sp-man,3.7L
30,301 Posts
Post 4 in the thread I linked above has the OEM route and my thoughts on a route.
Post 9 has the measurements of the belt someone here used.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts