Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried and tried but am unable to get the Sirius ID number from my radio going through the steps as listed in the owner's manual. I go through the steps but in the end it somces up 'Sirius ID: '. I have called Sirius 3 or 4 times and they are of no help. Stopped by the dealer today and they tried, no luck. They are looking into it and actually called me back with another way to try and get the number - hold down the Load and Set buttons at the same time with the radio off - but that did not work either. He also said he called another dealer and they have had the same problem. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas on how I can get this ID number so I can activate the account? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Try this procedure:

With the ignition switch in the ON/RUN or ACCESSORY position and the radio ON, press the SETUP button and scroll using the TUNE control knob until Sirius ID is selected. Press the TUNE control knob and the Sirius ID number will be displayed. The Sirius ID number display will time out in 2 minutes. Press any button on the radio to exit this screen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try this procedure:

With the ignition switch in the ON/RUN or ACCESSORY position and the radio ON, press the SETUP button and scroll using the TUNE control knob until Sirius ID is selected. Press the TUNE control knob and the Sirius ID number will be displayed. The Sirius ID number display will time out in 2 minutes. Press any button on the radio to exit this screen.
NitroLarry- This is the procedure I followed. But, after I hit the Tune Control knob the words 'Sirius ID' appears but there is no number. Frustrating as hell.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same problem but my dealer is taking care of it. They said that they have run into it and it has been a missing wire in the antenna or a bad head unit on the radio. When I get it back tomorrow I will be sure to ask what happened.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well no luck....they said the radio was throwing a code that there was no diagnostic tools for so a call is in to Dodge engineers. They did say that even though the SAT is not working that the antenna is connected. Possibilities so far are a crack in the antenna cable, short somewhere (OH NO), a bad head unit, a problem on the Sirius side, or those little gremlins holding the Sirius ID hostage. I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good news folks! Dodge has issued a response to my dealer and you should do the same for your Nitro's with SAT radio problems. Apparently there was a bad mix of antennas/cables and this is the problem. The antenna and the connecting cable have to be replaced to fix it. I just got the call maybe 5 mins ago.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news folks! Dodge has issued a response to my dealer and you should do the same for your Nitro's with SAT radio problems. Apparently there was a bad mix of antennas/cables and this is the problem. The antenna and the connecting cable have to be replaced to fix it. I just got the call maybe 5 mins ago.
Thanks for the update. I relayed this info to my dealer but it looks like they are going to just order a new radio and swap it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.